Is your therapist helpful?

Mine is, she’s so helpful.
She is so much better than my last therapist, who was a waste.

My current therapist is warm, open and extremely empathetic, great qualities for a therapist to have.

Is therapy helping you?

Do you like your therapist?

6 Likes

What does this mean? Shes warm and open?

Warm meaning down to earth.
Open meaning honest

1 Like

Why didn’t you just say that?

Most people understand the meaning

3 Likes

You realize warm doesn’t mean anything else but something being warm and not “down to earth”?

English must not be your first language

3 Likes

I’ve had many therapists. Most of them have been good, some maybe not so good. The last one really helped me a lot. Which is why I don’t have one now.

1 Like

I understood what @Wave meant completely, no need to get too wordy when it can be said more easily another way. No need to be rude either

3 Likes

My therapist is also my pdoc, and I get along with him really well. Definitely a good listener, has good suggestions and can read me like a book, which is a bit spooky honestly.

2 Likes

My current therapist is amazing. She is very empathetic and helps me through difficult topics. My past therapists haven’t been so great

1 Like

Thanks @RottenApple

1 Like

@Wave, Im glad you have good therapist.
I also would like to have one who is emphatetic and warm.
My first hospitalisation dr was like that, which eased my stay there.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon9798425 @Kip-Kipper and @anon42606141

2 Likes

Man, you really are some j…
Bowens, please…

1 Like

Stop harassing them. The usage of the word is correct:

Warm:
definition #2 having, showing, or expressive of enthusiasm, affection, or kindness.
“they exchanged warm, friendly smiles”

5 Likes

My therapist is okay, better than the last one. I need to learn how to use her, I’ve been adverse to therapists for 25 years, insulted by the idea of them advising me on what they haven’t navigated through themselves or sought as hard as I for answers in books. I am passive aggressive with them and spend the time we have together teaching them various things. My clinic requires I see a therapist if I see a pdoc there. But I actually do like talking to them. They help me move along inch by inch. I choose to talk to them instead of going to a clinic where I wouldn’t be required. I once had the sweetest pdoc who would talk to me an hour every week. My insurance wouldn’t pay for the full year, so for three or four months he would shred the bill from the insurance company. He had nightmares from listening to everyone’s crap and said he was going crazy, but he didn’t seem to really know how bad it really was for us. I later figured that he kept the truth from himself because it would have been too much to handle. He was what I always wanted and when I got him I didn’t care for it, a doctor for a therapist.

1 Like

@Wave , I’m glad you like your therapist. I remember years ago I had a great therapist. She doesn’t take my insurance though

1 Like

I’ve found 2 therapists that might help me, one of them was a women and she had a military attitude which for me doesn’t work properly. It may produce short term results but I want long ones.
She was very funny because at the beginning she said my delusions seemed real to me, which may lead me to believe in them, although I knew they were false. But when I started talking about erotomania she discard my thoughts immediately saying that they were false to snap out of it.

The other therapist seemed I was looking for a tinder date with him or something, didn’t replied to me I had to insist, so it was kinda weird.

Both of them wanted 100 euros for an appointment, which is forbidden to me, although sometimes I wonder how they could help me deal with this disease. In the mean time I have to run my own antivirus for psychological diseases and try to figure them out all by myself and without help.

Oh well, I just hope I could do better in life :confused:

1 Like

Thanks @Bowens @Jinx @ZmaGal and @Lenny

4 Likes