Schizophrenia.com

Do you like your therapist a lot?

I don’t want to drive far and the pickings are slim in my area.

I don’t think i ever will totally trust my therapist or doctor. Do you like yours?

1 Like

My last therapist was a nightmare. She would take off her shoes, kick her feet up on a small bookcase, and let her smelly feet just dangle there. I never got the image of her yellow toenails out of my head. I couldn’t take her seriously doing that.

2 Likes

that seems so unprofessional. i don’t blame you.

My therapist is pretty cool she’s laid back and I can talk to her about anything. Took me a while trust her and stuff. I hope you find a therapist you like.

2 Likes

I used to have a therapist. I liked her and she was easy to talk to.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have to laugh at the situation. I told my pdoc I need therapy because of therapy. When in the hospital as a teen, I DREADED the day of family therapy. It would always devolve into a shouting match. I’ve encountered so many more therapists who are crazier than me that it’s not funny.

1 Like

I like my therapist. He can be a bit aggressive in CBT, but I feel he has my best interest at heart. I just have to stop him and remind him to take it easy sometimes.

It took me about a year before I fully trusted and connected with him. It takes time. You just have to stay open and committed to treatment.

Also, it takes time to find the right therapist or doctor. Don’t give up on your first couple of appointments.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

I’ve only been to my latest therapist twice but I’ve got the impression that she is top notch. She’s better in every way than any therapist I’ve had before.

I actually look forward to seeing her.

1 Like

Thanks Brian glad you liked her.

alien that is funny. i believe you.

Thanks anthony you always give such great insight and advice. Really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

And also glad malvok that you are liking your therapist. everyone should like their therapists!

I keep getting dropped by therapists. Have not seen one in a year after being let go from the last one. :frowning:

My therapist is very shallow. Everytime I try to get into a deep conversation with him, he dismisses me, and changes the subject. I have to go to him though, because it’s a requirement of the clinic that I go to to see my psychiatrist to get the medication. I’ve seen him for about three years, and it’s never improved. I recently tried going to a new therapist that I paid for, and she was just awful. When I told her about my violent intrusive thoughts, she said, “That’s not normal!” and insisted on getting information about me from the clinic that I go to. She, evidently, had no experience with real mental illness, and was doing her experimenting on me.

Changed mind. Again.

Its hard for me to trust, but I am making myself trust her. She seems to be helpful and seems honest and direct. I like that

1 Like

Mine is very professional and treats me with respect. He is the bomb.

Therapists’ quality is relative to how much they charge per session.

1 Like

i am seeing my clinical psycologist for the second time soon, part of her i can tell wants to help me, the other half wants to lock me up.
take care

1 Like

My therapist talks so much that I have to fight to get a word in edgewise.

2 Likes

mine does aswell ,that was the first thing she told me ‘’ i will talk a lot ".
i thought to myself , okay i’ll just fly my spaceship for an hour then !
take care

1 Like

I do like my therapist a lot. She’s just the right amount of frazzled around the edges and just the right amount of getting stuff done.

She was an Excellent family therapist and she was a young surfer with long purple hair and she admitted she didn’t know everything. Being a younger man (boy) at the time I thought this purple haired surfer girl was very cute.

But as we both grew up she worked with me one on one and worked hard to learn about SZ and worked hard to be a help to me and still admitted she didn’t know it all. But she does know my entire family and that does help.

1 Like

looks like about half the therapist on this thread are good and the other half are not. Good reason to go therapist shopping before seedling on one therapist. I think my psychiatrist would be good therapist but that would be a lot of money.

1 Like

I’ve had quite a few therapists or workers and not got on with them, mainly because they didn’t understand me and I didn’t trust them. When I met my current nurse I was in the fog of psychosis and had been for a couple of years due to misdiagnosis and everyone’s reluctance to change my meds. He understood me, didn’t tell me it wasn’t real or bizarre he just listened to me at first gave the notes to my new doctor who put me on chlorpromazine as it was obvious atypicals didn’t work for me and they lifted the fog. It will never permanently go away due to so many years left undiagnosed and treated. He slowly built up my trust and now I can say I trust him, he has a voice in my logical mind and grounds me into this reality and to be honest he’s just nice, he’s very gentle with me because I’m easily made fragile and my trust can be broken quickly. But he challenges me and it works, we’re starting to do experiments and I have to trust his word that he’s not lying and I think I do. He’s also very professional and fair where some previous experience, I haven’t had that. So i’m very fortunate.

3 Likes