Is this really thought broadcasting?

I am fairly certain if you are experiencing this then you have SZ or some sort of mental illness. It is quite common for people with SZ to experience this. However, whether it is a conspiracy or not is another question.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no conspiracy, people canā€™t read your thoughts. Donā€™t worry about it, it will drive you crazy.

I doubt there is, but it seems so real sometimes.

I agree. It is a part of the illness.

It already did x.x Iā€™m trying to maintain my sanity up until to the present. What if Iā€™m not having hallucinations and the rest of the symptoms, will I still be considered schizophrenic? Itā€™s like when I found this site and forum I wanted to join even if I wasnā€™t diagnosed of this.

Iā€™m quite sure it is real in my case. Iā€™m trying to push myself in believing that everything is just a delusion but every time I do, the more I get proof that it is real.

(e.g. I passed by a group of people and I was thinking of this ā€œYes, Iā€™m not hearing anything related to me! Iā€™m normal again.ā€ or so I thought. But the moment Iā€™m near them, they repeat the same words. Would you still consider it as delusion?)

I have the idea that it is real but by taking medication or normalizing your neurological chemicals you are appeasing earth causing them to leave you alone. However, it is very likely just delusional thinking and we are reading more into what people are saying then what has really been said. Also, people react to your mannerisms and your body movements which can make it seem like when they say something to you that it seems like they know what youā€™re thinking. However, when people say very specific things that you find personal or are about your thoughts it can get confusing. I try to rationally explain the things people say that I find suspicious without being skeptical about it being a mental illness problem. There is really nothing to gain with trying to prove itā€™s real, in fact I have found when I try to prove itā€™s real my mental state gets worse. It is when I actively try to prove that itā€™s not real is when I feel better. Medication and supplements also seem to help a lot.

Yes, this is my exact thoughts. Mostly, people I donā€™t know knows specific things about me like what Iā€™m planning over the weekend or what time I sleep. I try to think itā€™s very delusional; however, if itā€™s almost by your side (like a person walking side by side with you) and stares at you while saying it with a smirk, it proves that itā€™s not a delusion at all.

I stopped trying to prove myself that everyone is doing it (well, not entirely everyone, just 70% I believe) because I would only frustrate myself later on. I am doing my best to self help by getting busy at what I love doing and socially active. It works but not 100% successful. :slight_smile:

A person canā€™t entirely rule out not hallucinating something such as that either. Some people with SZ see things that are not there and it can seem very real to them. I find when I hear things that people seem to be saying, sometimes it is actually literally in my head. I mean, they could be saying these things to you but you canā€™t rule out hallucinating it entirely. Hallucinations can seem very real. It is entirely possible they are actually saying these things to you which canā€™t be explained. I have read of certain societies using technology like radio waves to affect peoples thoughts or as a sort of mind control. However, there still is the fact that this is still a mental illness. The only way to tell is to get your brain healthy again because if you do have SZ I can assure you your neurotransmitters are out of wack.

1 Like

Only a qualified doctor can give you a proper diagnosis. That being said, it sounds like youā€™re experiencing symptoms of schizophrenia. I too have dealt with the thought broadcasting delusion. Very similar to how you describe. Proper medication and treatmenr should reduce those symptoms. Maybe you could explain what youā€™ve been experiencing to a psychiatrist. It may sound real but many of us have experienced those same delusions. In any case, goodluck and best wishes.

Thanks for all your support and opinion regarding my condition. :slight_smile: Before, sharing this over made me furious and depressed. But everyone is so supportive and positive. I highly appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!!

2 Likes

Very difficult thing to deal with.

Itā€™s a halluicenation, like dealing with a mirage in the desert, or seeing and hearing things in a altered perception on drugs.

How I managed to deal with it:
Your going to have to be concious about it.
Itā€™s not a external force, not caused by anything or anyone outside, it doesnā€™t have a cause, itā€™s simply imagination.

You need to have insight and see through it. Like having a idea of being sound minded. Pull the idea of it into conscious thought, your going to have to listen to it and kind of map it out, then from there assertively see through it all. I guess from there you wouldnā€™t fight it, you wouldnt have a thought of it. No relation, no correlation, no reasoning, belief or association or thought of it, simply deemed as unreal and understood as that through your own insight.

ā€œthe effect of it all will be in your control, because the origins of the cause of it will be in your hands.ā€

Then from there you can decide to let it not bother you, it can be as disposable as the thought that dragons are real, and Harry Potter was a real person.

2 Likes

Nice explanation

1 Like

Thanks, itā€™s a very difficult thing to deal with and experience, I experhence it and itā€™s a really overbearing thing at times, especially if the thinking is negative or intrusive.

By the way the last quote was suppose to be

ā€œIf the origins of the cause are in your control, then the effects of it all will be in your hands.ā€

Yeah Iā€™ve only recently been able to really separate myself from the voices I hear. Your explanation was pretty spot on.

I agree with the quote, but what do you do if your psychosis came about from smoking weed? I still have paranoia and anxiety that I donā€™t know how to get rid of.

Would you think itā€™s more of a physical thing or a mental thing?

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t really know. Brain scans have shown functioning in parts of the brain to be more or less in schizophrenics.

I smoked weed which began the process of becoming psychotic, and k2 set me over the edge.

@catsrcool

1 Like

I was actually fairly function-able although not insightful until I smoked synthetic cannibinoids (jwh-250 in particular). The voices had been subsiding and I was recovering, even though I felt very alone and wanted to hear them. Then I smoked jwh-250 for 9 or 10 months, maybe 15 grams or more of it (a dose is maybe 10 - 50 mg). I was fine until I decided to quit smoking it because of my heart feeling like it was going to fail. Once I quit I went into full blown psychosis and ended up having to switch meds to invega. Itā€™s been about 3 years since then but in the last 6 months to a year I have started to recover. However, since then the voices have been there every day. My heart also has never been the same and I fear that it will fail one day because I have chest pain now. It has gotten better by using many different supplements but eventually when I get older I think it may be how I die.

Hi guys! I have a question for you. Do any of you have people around you coughing, sneezing, making noises? if yes, do you know why they do it?

Maybe cause they sick??

I highly doubt they doing it to get at you in some way

not everybody can be sick at the time. It kind of feels personal

And some laugh too you know, when i think something unintentionally