Is the Moderna vaccine safe for older folks?

I noticed that my fathers breathing has been shallow and he has very little energy.
This all happened after he got vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine last Saturday.

He’s napping more often because he feels wiped out.
He’s also got pain on the side of his lower back.

Was this vaccine tested on very old people?

What the hell.

Unless this was bound to happen to him and it’s a coincidence.

He’s 86 years old and suffers from a rare bone marrow disorder.

I don’t have an answer for you Wave, but as far as I know, all the shots were intended for older people as well. Maybe just a temporary side effect? I’ve read that vaccines can give you mild versions of the disease they are supposed to protect against but i dunno.

1 Like

I just read the Moderna vaccine fact sheet that was handed out to my dad and muscle pain and difficulty breathing are common side effects of the vaccine!

I’m going to call his doctor tomorrow.

This is ■■■■■■■ ridiculous.

3 Likes

Hopefully these side effects are temporary.
Yeah thanks @Bowens

1 Like

Now I know!
I was worried about my fathers declining health, but now I know these are just temporary side effects!

I feel better about the situation. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

According to the CDC Moderna website, people experiencing breathing difficulties like wheezing which my father experienced should not get the second dose of the vaccine.

I’m going to speak with his doctor tomorrow to make sure.

I personally don’t think he should get the second dose.

The side effects are worse with the second vaccination.

He’s just too old and fragile to handle this vaccine.

2 Likes

My mom is 62 and doing fine after she got her first shot… Waiting for the second one

1 Like

Do you have a link to that @Wave ? I’d be interested in seeing it.

2 Likes

I think my father experienced some sort of bad reaction to it.
Maybe even a mild allergic reaction?

It’s noticeable and it’s been a week so far.

I understand that if you just get one vaccine it is still 80 percent effective.

I really don’t know if that’s true @Rabbit_Farmer

Edit: I found this

Moderna

According to a document the company submitted to the FDA, the Moderna vaccine can provide 80.2% protection after one dose, compared to 95.6% after the second (in people aged 18 to 65 – it’s 86.4% in those over 65). As with the Pfizer vaccine, all participants in the phase three trial received two doses of the vaccine or a placebo within a single set time period – in this case, 28 days – so it’s not yet known whether the immunity from a single vaccine would continue, or drop off after this stage.

1 Like

@Wave. I’m not sure… I say just talk to his doctor… In the honestly it’s your dad’s choice… Tell him your worries… Maybe he’ll agree maybe he won’t all you can do is talk to him

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah. Deffo talk to your doctor.

That link says an allergic reaction is defined as one that happens 4 hours after the jab though…

1 Like

I actually would like for him to get the second vaccination but not if he’s going to get another bad reaction or worse from it the second time.

It sounds like these side effects seem to be a little late

Side effects and safety information

Most common side effects

In the arm where you got the shot:

• Pain
  • Swelling
  • Redness

Throughout the rest of your body:

• Chills
  • Tiredness
  • Headache

These side effects usually start within a day or two of getting the vaccine. They might feel like flu symptoms and might even affect your ability to do daily activities, but they should go away in a few days. Get tips on what to expect after getting vaccinated.

1 Like

The Moderna handout said that there could be a lot of unknown side effects from these vaccines.

I don’t think that they were FDA approved.

They were rushed through the system.

His side effects could even be permanent.

@Wave. It may have been rushed and please talk to your dad’s Dr and your dad himself… It may have in the end saved a lot of people

1 Like

Yes I’m going to talk to him myself or the nurses there.
I don’t like seeing him suffer like this.

He’s rapidly aged another 10 years after this vaccination!

Don’t panic wave.

Talk to your doctor tomorrow.

2 Likes