Is schizophrenia like an awaken dream?

Because I hear people talking about me, and the truth is it’s probably just my illness, could schizophrenia just be an awaken dream? Every part of your brain that operates while you are asleep, could it also work while you are awake? Is that how schizophrenia is? I’m starting to become very convinced that I have the illness. I cant find a camera anywhere on me and my reality is very foggy and blurry.

2 Likes

See a psychiatrist.

There is a lot of debates between religion and mental illness.

What does religion have to do with my post?

First, your questions are not clear. Second, dreams, being inconscious and near death out of body experiences all have to do with religion.

I experienced religious delusions where I thought I was Jesus and tried to kill myself with a bottle of tylenol because I thought I was immortal and wanted to end the voices.

1 Like

How are my questions not clear?

What do you mean by:
“…could schizophrenia just be an awaken dream? Every part of your brain that operates while you are asleep, could it also work while you are awake? Is that how schizophrenia is?..”

You can experience SZ while you’re sleeping so it affects your dreams.

I’m not too familiar with the terminology. But the parts of your brain that makes you dream is it still cut on while you are awake when you have schizophrenia? Is schizophrenia like an awaken dream if that makes any sense.

No, SZ has nothing to do with sleep disorders which are neurological, SZ is a psychiatric disorder.

My pathophysiology teacher was a sleep neurologist who graduated from Harvard.

1 Like

Oh ok. Thanks 1515

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.