Dream like state is Schizophrenia?

Read this article recently. It basically says we are not sleeping right by design. Resulting in basically a waking dream. Thoughts? Pretty convincing but could be not true idk. I have nightmares all night long and never sleep or legit stay up 40 hours at times so kinda resonates with me. Would love to hear what you guys think.

Schizophrenia is waking reality processed through the dreaming brain | The BMJ

Btw I am diagnosed schizoaffective so could be just me. Although I am on 800mg seroquel, lamictal, Klonopin and still experience it

1 Like

This is basically how it feels a lot of the time for me. Like a waking dream. It feels like it doesn’t operate on the premise of logic and anything is possible. That thought scares me and it becomes a nightmare because of the fear. Things are getting better, but i have to make everything logical or else my world becomes hell real quick

Ya for sure, this is the schizophrenia explanation that makes me understand it. I am always in fear I will become that person but really, we are not our perception we are our choices. Even dreams and delusions can’t take over but our morals and learned subjects take over that. Can only make sense of them as best as we can and deal with them in my opinion. Screw it all we can think independently and overcome this.

1 Like

You can and deserve to be afraid you don’t have control, as it is a delusion. Deep down in you though you always know those dumb ass solutions or delusions can’t do ■■■■ to your real character.

1 Like

that’s exactly what my pdoc said, “schizophrenia is dreaming while you’re awake”.

1 Like