Is schizophrenia a by-product of human evolution?

4 Likes

That was a good article. Understood some of it but got a bit lost too. But I like it

1 Like

I thought I commented on this but i guess it didnt register.

I highly believe SZ is the result of genetic mutation that happened however many years back.

Sort of how most of the world had predominately brown eyes at one point, then a mutation in DNA caused some humans to develop green/blue eyes. I believe something similiar like that happened and SZ was formed.

If it is what’s next costum voices for the rich.

An adaptive change rather than evolutionary mutation. Maybe from the sun or even in the genes of some people before they crossed with other peoples. Remember Adam was perfect. All three are possible. I don’t believe evolution. Before the flood there was no direct sunshine on the earth only indirect.

I just got around to reading this article. I was very interested. For several reasons sz is believed to have a strong genetic component. But as the article says we sz’s generally do not have a lot of offspring ("low fecundity), so the genes are probably present throughout the normal population. I think there are many mysteries in sz and there will be several ways to sort them out, including looking at evolutionary trends. Thanks firemonkey for keeping up with the research.

1 Like

This has always fascinated me about Einstein ,Joyce and Russells offspring .