Is it possible?

That I am misdiagnosed for over 30 years. I can’t believe that my “I” ( ego ) is so mentally sick to be diagnosed schizophrenic. I maybe have PTSD. But I don’t think I need strong interventional Psychomedication.
During my misdiagnosed time I qualified as a industrial manager,Baker and qualified for University studies. I worked 10 years fulltime. Still, they insist with their diagnosis.

Possible that there’s a better diagnosis out there for you? Sure. I know zilch about you beyond this post.

The likelihood that you don’t need antipsychotics when they have been prescribed? Much lower, although each specific AP can be very hit or miss.

1 Like

I have no private insurance and I been exposed to the public mental health department, I don’t have a choice.
I plan so, to go back to Europe as soon as I can, hoping they haven’t treated me total impairement till I am ready to go.

Having schizophrenia has nothing to do with what jobs you’re capable of performing or how intelligent you are.

During episodes, you may not be able to do them but when you’re not having symptoms the sky is the limit.

3 Likes

Sounds manic depressive or bipolar to me.

I didn’t have a single episode of psychosis for 10 years but came off meds which was a mistake. They still think I have it

1 Like

30 years is a long time. i was diagnosed with psychosis at age 11 and schizophrenia at age 16. so ive been diagnosed with sz for 20 years. i also wonder if theyre wrong. but every doctor has agreed so idk. but i still cant believe it. i think thats normal for sz.

1 Like

I agree, diagnosed or misdiagnosed schizophrenia messes with the mind both ways.
It takes a leap of faith trusting the doctors, and taking this serious medication which doesn’t target only the brain.
Anyway I am in big doubt making a poor decision trusting again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.