Is it possible?

That I have ADD psychosis? My paranoia lessens when I drink a lot of coffee. I know most people here don’t experience the same. And when I took adderall I felt better. I don’t know what to do because everyone is convinced I have schizoaffective disorder but the neuroleptics don’t help.

You may have episodic schizophrenia not continuous schizophrenia, so you might have an illusory correlation with a placebo effect. Good things

1 Like

No the caffeine is definitely not an illusory placebo effect.

Whats ADD psychosis?

Did you said your Dr tpok you off it bcz it made your psychosis worse? I know that stimulants are known to cause or make psychosis worse.

ADHD psychosis (or ADD psychosis ) is a distinctive form of psychosis, identified by Leopold Bellak and his colleagues, which accompanies attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

Treatmentedit | edit source

ADHD psychosis tends to be treatable with typical ADHD medication such as stimulants, antidepressants, or a combination of the two. ADHD psychosis can also be treated with psychotherapy, which is often an adjunct to the pharmaceutical treatment of ADHD. ADHD psychosis responds to neither conventional neuroleptics, such as Haldol or Thorazine, or atypical antipsychotic medications, such as Seroquel, Zyprexa or Risperdal, currently the most commonly prescribed antipsychotic.

2 Likes

Weird, never heard of that so know nothing about it. Maybe its just stimulants withdrawals causing psychosis? Anyways your Dr should know your right diagnosis.

Its not in the DSM V that psychiatrists use afaik

I’d bring the possibility up with your pdoc but I’m not sure I would base my diagnosis on a couple times I felt better when drinking coffee. Give your pdoc all the info and let him decide.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.