Is it possible to overdose on antipsychotics?

How dangerous is it? (I have abilify in mind, but the question extends to other APs as well).

2 Likes

I hope u don’t do it, you’re a nice person. And life can get better

1 Like

hopefully you don’t have those awful thoughts in mind, I hope youre doing well, if you have awful thoughts in mind get yourself checked in to a psych hospital

3 Likes

I’ve been at hospital for a month now. I guess the best place for me.

2 Likes

I think it would take Alot. And probably not kill you. It’s not worth thinking about. You’d probably just end up in hospital having to get your stomach pumped. Getting liver damage. It’d be super unpleasant.

2 Likes

Why are you asking? Are you feeling suicidal?

1 Like

I’m in hospital due to my depression with suicidal ideation. The nurse gave me something to help me navigate through the night.

3 Likes

Let them know you’re still suicidal. It sounds like you still need more help. I’m glad you’re in hospital.

2 Likes

If they were to give you a super high does you could get nms.

1 Like

Tardive dyskinesia probably? It’s a bad idea :frowning: don’t do that please

1 Like

Yes. But it depends upon what you call overdose. If you ingest too much, you will probably get sick to your stomach and throw up the excess.

Antipsychotics are tranquilizers and can stop respiration (breathing) if you take enough. How much is different for every person and whether they are tolerant to antipsychotics from long usage.

If you are trying to do yourself harm, then get with a friend or counselor and work through it.

1 Like

Please don’t do it.
You are an amazing person.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.