Is it possible for an antipsychotic to not be efficient anymore?

Ah… I was not aware of that. Thanks you to tell me that. I thought 5 mg was not a lot.

I just realized I have not anymore any side effects from the antipsychotic.

This means one thing : the antipsychotic doesn’t have any therapeutic effect on me!!!

Not necessarily, your tolerance doesn’t necessarily negate it’s effect!

1 Like

i have been on numerous meds that didn’t work after a couple of months. the worst ones were risperidone and invega sustenna. i have been experiencing symptoms again while on Haldol injection its only been about 3 months

1 Like

I’m on a double dose of Saphris since Saturday (4 days) and I don’t feel any change. In fact I don’t feel any effect from the antipsychotic anymore.

The antipsychotic is supposed to totally remove all my somatic symptoms. It has worked in the last years. Now I feel exactly like I was before taking my first antipsychotic!
:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Seroquel worked for 2 months in the summer of 2004 then it never worked again

anubis i had the same problem a decade ago with seroquel

is your diagnosis psychosis/schizophrenia and what were your side effects on Saphris
You propably need to switch talk do psy asap

Seroquel never worked for me.

1 Like

did you take it for 2 weeks when it worked i stayed psychosis free for 2 months

Yes ! that is the case. How come your 5mg dose of Saphris is no problem and 10mg and 15mg could not cure symptoms of mental illness. Do you have those symptoms when you were taking 5mg dose? If not, they are not symptoms of illness. They are the side effects of high doses of the drug.

In my case its not that antipsychotic stopped working, its the dose stopped working. I was taking 125mg clozapine without any problems then after 2 years, i suddenly became extremely psychotic. I was crying so loud that neighbors could hear it. I thought i would be in hospital again.

Then i talked with my pdoc, he told me to increase the dose, now I’m taking 275mg with no psychosis at all. Sometimes i get paranoid thoughts, but they go away on their own.

1 Like