Is it normal to feel more anxiety now, that i get more ''alive''?

So ok, I try now to recover a bit… But gosh, my anxiety and paranoia are to the roof per moments. Not always, but I even cant go out much anymore as before… Before, I was numbed by the meds, I couldn’t think, which is still a problem, but I was calmer cause numbed…
Is it normal to be more anxious now, that I try to get more ‘‘alive’’? :confused:
I wonder if this will settle down too?
I cant do much outside…
Theres also the fact, that my ap dopes me a lot after it take. Its very strong and its not normal either… But I don’t have a choice, I am ill, I need those pills…
But what do you think, its a bit normal to be more anxious, now that I try to discover the world again? My isolation probably made the things worse now…
So szs are often avoidant like me, scared and just too sensible about everything? Yeah…
I have some ill friends in irl, but they didn’t have my 15 years of isolation and they don’t deal with so much anxiety… Ok, I accepted my fate, but I wish I didn’t feel so much fear… There’s no other med for me either…

1 Like

Have you talked to your doctor to make sure that there aren’t other medications that you might be able to take? What is it like to be doped out by an anti-psychotic medication? I’m new to this and I haven’t started them yet.

I think some additional anxiety as you try to reconnect with the world should be expected. I hope that you don’t get discouraged.

I get bouts of anxiety too. I address them without medication by exercising. Lifting weights and yoga helps to relieve those feelings. That helps me sleep at night too.

What isolated you for 15 years? Just your own social anxiety?

Good luck my friend.

1 Like

i still get anxious, i was anxious today and had to step out a good few times. my chest gets tight and i kind of seize up, i need fresh air when this happens or a drink of water, or warm drink, i think its nerves but idk what causes it, i think its deep rooted psychological stuff, too deep to understand or even acknowledge and i just feel the physical effects of it,

i think its a risidual effect, i’d ask your doc about it bc he may be able to do something, but i definitely think you should use all your coping skills if you are not already and definitely keep going, i keep going, i was able to work through the anxiety and it is better now but you are different to me, try your best anyway :slight_smile: Good luck x

1 Like

Hi Apathy… Nope, it wasn’t only the anxiety who kept me isolated… I had negatives too. Those are the symptoms of sz like apathy, bedrideness, lack of will, lack of motivation, lack of desire, confusion in the personality too for my case :confused: … I was alone, abroad and undiagnosed back then, trying to study and smoking 10 joints per day for 5 years.
Now I have my diagnosis, but I still struggle…
Well, don’t be afraid of the meds, I am a particular case. They really help though I find if you need them. Well, my Zyprexa tires me at first after it take, than I have a wave of floating in my head and body but not in a nice way, I feel like vibrating etc etc…But none of my ill friends in irl doesn’t have those side effects… None… So don’t be scared… I don’t move a lot, so maybe I feel more strongly my meds because of this… Were you diagnosed with sz? You’ll do it. MY case is harder…
And thanks, ill see how my paranoia and anxiety goes within those days… Yeap, I reconnect more now so maybe its expected to have more fears… The benzos work a bit on this, but I don’t want to depend on them in fact :confused:
Take care!

Did those joints deteriorate your condition?

Not really… I was quite ill @Om_Sadasiva and i find, that the weed is bad only for the mentally fragile people… But what it did the weed for me with my negatives is that it contributed to my procrastination and to the feeling not to even want to fight… I was just there, for 6 years, in front of my computer and the tv with my joints… I lived very isolated then so now I have problems because of this I guess…

Hey guys, I need your help a bit… I am lately all shaky by fear, almost vibrant in my body by anxiety and paranoia… My soul is almost in my stomach, which is tight now, so I have problems feeling emotions even… But after three years on Zyprexa, I start to feel less numb in my head. So I guess I am awakening up in a way…
But should I try to raise a bit my Zyprexa because of this shakiness by fear? I am currently on 7,5mgs of Zyprexa… I wonder if I should try the 10 mgs once in two days? I am just scared it’ll make me dumb again emotionally and intellectually… Ok, I think some part of my numbness was coming from my illness too, but the meds numb too I guess, no? gosh…
I couldn’t walk outside today from this fear and the shakiness… My legs and hands were very weak too… Do I raise the ap a bit now?

Somebody please? I really need to figure this out this evening, cause in a while, i’ll take my ap…
So my problem is this weakness in the extremities… It makes me unfunctional, I shake outside and vibrate and cant even stand surely on my feet… Its by fear…Should I try the 10 mgs of zyp? Or ill get numb again on it? :confused:

You can’t have and enjoy good times without also having some bad times. I’d say this is progress.

10mg is not a big dose. But what for? Zyprexa is for positive symptoms, not for negatives

Ok, I see… But maybe my fear is from the positive ones? Does somebody else deals with weakness in his extremities because of fear?
Yeap, I feel like I progressed sometimes in a way, but I cant function with this weakness…

Whatever, I am trying the 10 mgs once in two days… Its an anxiety what I have plus numbness… None of the aps didn’t erase my anxiety completely but I suffer with this weakness… Maybe the 10 mgs will work better and I’ll have less side effects from this ap with the time… Yeap, I move now more but my anxiety got worse now… I just hope those 10 mgs won’t make me a zombie again :smirk:

Hey, pals, do you think I wont get numb on a higher dosage of Zyprexa? Maybe my numbness was mostly from the illness? I was starting to ‘‘wake up’’ since two weeks ago… But I cant handle the anxiety, its too strong…Does the Zyprexa will help my anxiety without the numbness?
I took my 10 mgs this evening…
I was quite numb before the meds too… I was also having strange sz sensations in my head… In fact, in my illness, I never could think…So now I work on this, but I am afraid that the ap will make me dumb, idk…I hope that iots from the illness, not the meds… Who else found the Zyprexa very helpful on his fears and anxiety? Mine is painful, cause I have multiple manifestations of my fears on my body and cant function…

I hate that I am back on the 10 mgs, friends… Gosh… Ill be fat again :confused: Ive lost 5 kilos since I went on 7,5 mgs… But I cant function with the anxiety, its too freaking out… Am also afraid that ill get numb on more Zyprexa… Pls reassure me, that I need time to wake up this brain with activities so i’ll be eventually able to get fitter once I move more and less numb?..
But the docs swear by the aps for so much anxiety…
Does somebody here lost kilos while on Zyprexa? You should know, that I almost don’t move so I am big, yeap… I need to be better mentally for this… Not to feel all my sensations in my body… Do I make a good thing raising a bit my Zyprexa? As I said, my anxiety was making me unfunctional… My last doc also thinks, that I cant act cause too paranoid, not because of the negatives…
also, I start to get more alive and bam - more anxiety… Can I get less numb with efforts and just be helped by the aps for the anxiety? Believe me, I now pay efforts but I guess I need time :confused:

No one, please???
Don’t I make a mistake to raise the Zyprexa? My fears are a positive symptoms, but I have negatives in the illness too… Am too scared i’ll end up dumb again :confused:

Everybody avoids me when I suffer like this…
Well, now I’ll be swollen and ugly again on the 10 mgs… And maybe numb too so no progress…
Idk how ill do it… Even my mother says I won’t be liked by the men cause I am too big… My ex dumped me because of this too… Maybe it would have been better if I was able to move more, but no gosh you can’t understand why I don’t move…its not my fault… You couldn’t know what is to be ill since kid…
So can anyone can help me here? Help me to know that even on 10 mgs I won’t be so numb? That it’s better on the 10s cause my anxiety makes me unfunctional? Or it’s a mistake?

I am so sorry that you have so much anxiety. Did you ever try benzo for anxiety? You should talk to your doctor for this issue? You can try 10mg for couple weeks to see if you feel better. If not, you can just drop it down again. If you do the calorie count, weight gain should not be a problem. Have you try other med? Is it the only one that work for you?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.