Is caffeine bad for the heart?

I increased my caffeine from 400 to 600mg per day as the caffeine was wearing off at 7pm then I feel like sh!t, depressed. I feel like my heart is beating fast and going to jump out of my chest. No pain though.

1 Like

Actually today I took 700mg. The max I took in the past is 1000mg.

1000mg is 12-13 cups of coffee.

Taking my morning coffee now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Caffeine makes me think positive and gives me some energy, preventing me from sleeping all day. I can’t live without it unless I reduce my AP dose.

That’s a ton of caffeine man… be safe. Too much caffeine puts you at risk for heart related incidents

2 Likes

How many mg do you take a day? @Bowens

I usually only take one pill a day anymore. Occasionally I’ll have two. Each pill is 200mg.

1 Like

I think I will go back to 400mg tomorrow.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Yea it improves cognition for me. I know that the limit is 400mg that why I limited myself to 400mg a day but I feel like sh!t after 7pm unless I take extra caffeine.

1 Like

Caffeine enemas cleanses the colon. I think I will skip that one lol

2 Likes

Probably nowhere near as bad for your pump as being very overweight and eating a poor diet is. That would be where you need to start.

3 Likes

1000 mg of caffeine pills doesnt make my heart any different but even drinking 360mg worth of caffeine from energy drinks used to make me feel like i was near death lol. Now energy drinks dont affect me but even 1 scoop of preworkout makes my heartbeat feel unstable plus anxiety and an uncomfortable energy but no motivation still

1 Like

My mom has a pacemaker and cannot drink coffee because of it.

1 Like

Too much coffee increases blood pressure and strains the heart. If you take a lot of coffeine pills at a time you will crash at some point during the day. It’s better to spread the pills out. Like for example if you have 100mg pills, try to take one every 3-4 hours.

1 Like

Dude careful it can cause a heart attack. 700 mg is like 5-7 cups of coffee per day…it’s a lot…it will cause dehydration and then heart pain. So becareful brother

2 Likes

You’re drinking way too much lol. I have 2 cups of strong coffee a day, and people tell me that it is not good for me lol. Where as you are having 8 or so?

I drank energy drinks only a few times and it would always give me palpitations, so it definitely does effect your heart yes.

Try having it only in the morning or something like that
Some people recommend having 3 days of a month with no caffeine at all so your system doesn’t build up a big tolerance to it (I never do this by the way but Ive thought about it). Maybe this is what is happening to you?

2 Likes