Is anybody on Abilify + something else?

I’m just on Abilify. I’d like to stay on Abilify because of the low side effect profile. But my quality of life is low.

I’m just wondering if anybody has augmented Abilify with something else?

I’m thinking of going back on Clonazepam.

U know what I’m on!!

Abilify 15 mg
Naltrexone 50 mg
Zoloft 25 mg
Klonopin .5 mg

Works great for me I would recommend any of my 3 additional meds with abilify possibly.

2 Likes

Only Abilify didn’t work for me, so my pdoc added Invega since half an year ago and this works great for me now :slight_smile:

1 Like

What dose of invega are you on? Is it a full theraputic dose?

1 Like

I’m on 9 mg of it. The max of the pills is 12 mg but maybe i can add over it, i mean for example 12 which is maximum + 3 or 6. But for now Invega 9 mg works so well for me

1 Like

why no mood stabilizer?

I’m on Abilify and Wellbutrin. It seems to work okay.

1 Like

Abilify and naltrexone help my mood

I think abilify is the #1 antipsychotic for mood issues. And naltrexone has had an off label effect on my mood and psychosis. I recommended depakote when I got my Zoloft and he said hold off on the depakote. Turns out I didn’t need it. !

1 Like

I know but you’re having mood swings, are they bothersome?

No they’re fine!!!

2 Likes

The mood swings come from smoking medical marijuana. Doesn’t make me psychosic but if I smoke I get hypomania the next day, crash and then get depressed. Then the 2nd day sober I’m no more mood swings. I last smoked Friday. Now I’m just elated and happy!! For the last 2 days. I think it’s worth it. I also get very Philosophical and insightful during the come down :disappointed:

I’m trying to smoke an 1/8th every 2 weeks or so. I smoked too much last week

Not that I get psychosis cuz I use medical strains with cbd but I just smoke too much in one session and I’m as high and as stupid as if I were drunk, but it’s more enjoyable to me and no massive hangover.

I may have gone a little overboard this weekend myself :rofl:

1 Like

on Ability and other psychiatric meds

1 Like

Tegretol … … it’s a weird combo. Heard it makes Abilify less effective.

1 Like

Abilify Maintena 400 mg every three weeks
Wellbutrin XL 450 mg/day
Lamictal 200 mg/day
Haldol 3mg/day

This combination seems to work pretty well for me. That is a ton of Wellbutrin, but that is what it takes for me.

1 Like

I was on Abilify, Zoloft and Ativan at one point. Ativan was the only thing that helped make Abilify less miserable for me.

1 Like

Hi I am on abilify 20mg once daily . I also take seroquel 400mg and olanzapine 10mg !!! I get side effects from them but I need them all otherwise I can’t function at all .

1 Like

You could try asking for a dose increase, but this does raise the possibility of side effects. I’m on 15mg abilify, and it works well WITH artane 5mg (for akithisia) and gabapentin 100mg (mood and anxiety control).

I’ve been on many meds, and this is by far the best combo.

1 Like

I’m on both Abilify 15mg (working my way up to 20-25mg) and I was on Invega with it until last week. Now I’m on Abilify 15mg and Olanzapine 10mg, as well as many other non-antipsychotic medications, but I’m still having hard times.

1 Like

I take Abilify and risperidone. They do work well together.

I’m also trying sodium benzoate (NaBen), it’s my 6th week of trying it.

1 Like