Is anybody an empath?

It’s a blessing and a curse.

How do you feel about it?

2 Likes

I recommend not talking about psychic abilities on this forum. It could put people in danger of believing some of their more dangerous delusions.

I’m quite a few 'paths, but not an empath.

3 Likes

Empathy isn’t psychic though

2 Likes

Oh. My definition is it’s the ability to feel the emotions of others. Is there another definition? :thinking:

I don’t think I’m an empath but shaped like this through relational trauma

I mean that’s what empathy is but it’s not like some psychic ability. It’s a proven human experience, not like telepathy

2 Likes

Okay, then. Sorry for giving a false warning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, @Froge. I’ve seen the word “empath”, just wasn’t sure what it meant. Today I learned lol

2 Likes

I wonder if an empaths feeling can be manufactured.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

em·path

/ˈempaTH/

noun

1. (chiefly in science fiction) a person with the paranormal ability to apprehend the mental or emotional state of another individual.

I agree with Cloudy. empathy is a normal trait but an empath is someone who can feel others emotions and falls closer to psychic abilities than a realistic frame of mind.

3 Likes

My husband says I’m an empath. I’m very in tune to others feelings. I feel what they feel.

2 Likes

I can’t get it from media. It has to be person to person. I don’t think being an empath is being psychic.

Not even close. I’m so bad at it that I had to learn to read body language as I kept having awkward situations arise from my inability to tell what was actually happening.

1 Like

So I can’t say that I felt immense waves of anger around the time when someone was killed in the middle east, and there were people who got trampled at the funeral, and more anger, lots of anger? :thinking:

You can have empathy, but as for “being an empath” there’s no such thing. Just blowing having a lot of empathy out of proportion.

4 Likes

Manufactured how? :thinking:

1 Like

If somebody fakes they’re sad would an empath pick up on that.

Likely not. Sociopaths are scary good at faking emotion.

1 Like

Not really. They’re easy to see through.