Iron mike tyson vs muhammid ali who do you think would win and why

Tyson has power and "if he connected in the first couple rounds, before he gets gased out lights out for ali definitely be a rematch . but i dont believe tyson has the reach. Id rather see marciano and ali

2 Likes

I would love to watch the weigh in on this one… the silver tongued ■■■■ talker vs mr squeeks… I want this to be a youtube comedy sketch now…

I think ali would wear him out and then work his face over…

Did you watch ali vs rocky marciano on youtube yet?

no I have not seen that one… good?

1 Like

kind of off subject but I recently watched one of bruce lees only recorded exhibition matches… his opponent was clearly skilled but highly out classed… you can see the ring side photographers laughing as bruce lee deflects and lands multiple blows to the chin on em., I was very impressed by his skill and understanding…

I like boxing and I like kung fu… but I cannot force myself to watch an mma match…

One time I was talking to a couple of guys who had been involved in boxing both as competitors and coaches, and I said one match I would really like to see would be Ali in his prime vs Tyson in his prime. These guys said that Ali would handle Tyson easily. They seemed to think that Tyson was over rated. That may be, but I can’t help but remember Tyson knocking out Michael Spinks in the first round, and Larry Holmes in the fourth round. For a while Tyson was terrorizing the boxing world.

Tyson vs, Marciano would have been a great fight. Ali said that Marciano was better than Joe Frazier. I think that if Marciano came up with the right strategy he could have beaten Tyson. I don’t think Marciano could have traded blows with Tyson for long, though.

1 Like

Basically, Tyson is probably the better fighter. But Ali was the better boxer. They both were in the ring with great fighters and won. Joe Frazier was one of the toughest boxers ever, George Foreman in his prime was one of the hardest punchers ever. Ali beat both. Foreman probably punched as hard as Tyson.You would have to take into consideration for a fantasy match their ages. I don’t know. Heavyweight matches are hard to predict in real present time. Figuring out a hypothetical fight between two greats in different eras would be almost impossible.

4 Likes

I seen on t.v. frazier used to bunch trees

1 Like

I think in his prime Muhammad Ali would outbox Mike Tyson. Both were very good fighters and dominant in there time. I think Ali just had the skills and mobility to avoid Mike Tyson while keeping him at bay with the jab and straight right hand. Not to take anything away from Tyson who was an amazing fighter.

2 Likes

hmm didn’t go how I guessed it would,at all…

Smokin’ Joe Frazier they used to call him. George Foreman said he was the toughest guy he’d ever seen.
Joe Frazier LIKED to get hit. If you didn’t hit him he got mad. Tough guy. Nice guy though when I saw old interviews with him. George Foreman said he wasn’t afraid of Muhammad Ali but that Joe Frazier scared him.

1 Like

Prime Ali would throw Mike off, he was so quick on his feet and full of energy he could go the distance and really iscourage Tyson with his reach advantage. If Ali is the prototypical outfighter Tyson is the infighter/slugger/combination puncher. Tall guys with a lot of energy e.g Buster Douglas and who are incessant tire Tyson out. Tyson could never break down a young Ali’s endurance even if he did a lot of running in training.

Its 50-50,

if Ali is fresh and in his prime Tyson has a 70% chance of losing. However if Tyson lands a heavy combination early on and saps Ali’s speed Ali wouldn’t be able to weather his punching power, he would slow down, get discouraged and maybe get hit more. That’s the 30% chance Ali would lose, but we know that likely wont happen because he is/was so elusive.

Older Ali might also stand a chance, remember he got slower. Then he was fighting slower sluggers. If Tyson came with his explosiveness that might be an early round knock out.

Anyhow it is all speculation and god only knows who would win this fight.

Smokin’ Joe Frazier they used to call him. George Foreman said he was the toughest guy he’d ever seen.
Joe Frazier LIKED to get hit. If you didn’t hit him he got mad. Tough guy. Nice guy though when I saw old interviews with him. George Foreman said he wasn’t afraid of Muhammad Ali but that Joe Frazier scared him.

Ali…amazing boxer…I have an uncle with parkinsons. Yeah schizphrenia sux…that shite is whack!

Rogueone.