Invega experience?

I heard its considered a bad med but there must be people who like it

I liked it at first. It got rid of all positive symptoms…but…after a while I became unemotional, apathetic, and totally unmotivated. All I did was sit around.

I went off it in December 2019 and detoxed for 6 months. Then some symptoms creeped back and I went on Aristada. A lot better.

3 Likes

well All of them have pluses and minuses I suppose.

I had to switch from Risperdal to Invega, because I had high prolactin levels, and leaking breasts.

I didn’t notice any major differences, so I like it. Still on it.

1 Like

Thers no bad meds, for some Invega is best and for some its the worst. You never know what side effects you get as we have different body chemistry. Some have akathisa some don’t etc

3 Likes

I got akathisia on Abilify at the beginning but it went away

1 Like

For some it doesn’t go away, it didn’t for me on Latuda even after a year.

1 Like

İ m on invega injection for five years.all i can say is its kind a side effectless drug if you don t focus to drug.all side effects are above is true but when your body adapted you get rid of side effects and your positive symptoms.i feel totally normal on invega

2 Likes

i’m on invega and i feel good but there are some side effect that i hope will diminish in the future. i have been on it for 1 year now. So dose it get better with time? Including the sexual problems you can have on it?

1 Like

İ have some libido and orgasm problem but not severe.i have normal sex life.its not good as abilify but if you consider two drugs abilify really weak aps and doesn t solve much positive symptoms.invega really strong medicine with minimal side effects

3 Likes

that could be the AD too, if you take one.

when I’m off beer, I can usually have the big O,
but I’ve always on occasion still get wet dreams, with orgasm.

ha, tmi.

1 Like

I’ve been on Invega for 3 years I like it better than the other meds but I am extremely lazy on it

1 Like

Dont necessarily like it but it solved my problem. I probably would be better off if they put me on abilify to begin with. Now i feel i dont want to do a med change because i dont have many side effects… yet.

1 Like

I’ve been on Invega for 5 years. Not noticed any side effects. I have gained weight but put that down to excessive alcohol and takeaways. I have lost weight on Invega at the beginning of taking it.

2 Likes

Invega gave me TD/Parkisonian’s.

nah, that’s from smoking cigarettes.

I don’t smoke cigarettes.

I was on Invega Sustenna for about a year, it made me feel dead and emotionless it also gave me elevated prolactin levels and I started leaking milk. I also gained a lot of weight. Overall not a great experience. The only reason my medical team wanted me on it was because I wasn’t med compliant and it was a monthly injection so I couldn’t skip my pills.

I like Invega. It may have stopped my delusions and I’m not horny all the f*ckin time anymore which is good for me since I’ll never be able to get another girlfriend again.

why do you say that?

if you’re young, I don’t know the current criteria.
Though I hate it for myself, it works sometimes,
if someone introduces you to a potential partner.

Because even though I’m still young I’m fat and ugly and I stink. Plus I’m stupid and was diagnosed with schizophrenia then schizoaffective disorder so no woman would ever want to be with me because of these things.