Injections

My psy wanted to give me injections instead of tablets. (It is aripiprazole as mentioned earlier.)

Who has experience with injections?

I’ve taken Risperdal injections, and am currently on the Invega injection.

3 Likes

I briefly took the abilify monthly injection. I would be out of it for the first week, then I’d feel better. My doc switched me to pills and it was a good choice for me.

1 Like

Easier than remembering to take pills

4 Likes

I’m on both injections and pills
Clopixol depo (26 years)
Geodon by mouth (19 years)
Seroquel by mouth (10 years)
I’ve been lowered in meds the last 10 years with 50% of my meds.

1 Like

I take Invega Sustenna injections

2 Likes

Invega trinza injection for me

2 Likes

I have been on Ability and Haldol injections in the past (court ordered) but have since switched to clozapine tablets. I liked the ease of the shots, but I hated showing my arse to the nurse who gave them, and I didn’t like that you couldn’t titrate the dosage easily if needed.

1 Like

I get an injection of Invega Sustenna once a month. Saves me the trouble of remembering to take a tablet each day and saves a trip to the pharmacy.

2 Likes

If I don’t have my shoot every 3 weeks and take my pills then it’s Game Over.

1 Like

I take haldol injection

2 Likes

Injections are good, you don’t get reminded every day you got mental illness by taking your pills. I am happy with injections. It gives me more freedom. I don’t have any structure in my life and wouldn’t be able to take the pills regular at certain times of the day.

2 Likes

I have been taking Aripiprazole injections every 4 weeks since 2018. I am uncertain if this side effect will affect you @anon84628834 but balding might be an issue.

The OP was asking for experiences of injections, and so am I.

Not wether you’re on one or not

I am considering a depot, but unsure whether to do it

1 Like

My experience with injections is that I think clearly and am stable although I have had some delusions because I kept thinking there were going to be worldwide earthquakes and earthquakes destroying the U.S.

The injections hurt but not for long, maybe about a minute or less then my arm is sore for a few days afterwards but it’s better than taking pills everyday.

1 Like

The invega injection I get I like because it’s something I only have to think about every three months

2 Likes

Im on risperdal consta 25 mg. Made me go in recovery. One sideffect i dont like otherwise thumbs up.

1 Like

I find it more beneficial than pills.

For me, its every 3 months.

Different for everyone though.

3 Likes

I’ve last month switched from the abilify injection to pills. Ive been on the injection over a year. It was forced. I found the nurse rude making personal comments I found uncomfortable to deal with. And my arm hurt. I also think I put on more weight on the injection versus pills I’ve been on in the past. Quite considerable weight for me. But might be other factors too. So far ive noticed more energy this month but my dose has been reduced aswell. So could be that. Or the placebo effect. Good luck.

2 Likes

Abilify injection shouldn t apply from arm.next time you should tell to your nurse about it

1 Like