Incredibly Irritable

Lately I get so irritable, for no reason.
Two nights ago I kept waking up, even after taking quetiapine. I got so mad I threw my pillows across the room, and had to try very hard not to just scream about it. I have never been this kind of person before, and to be honest I don’t even think I know how to yell or scream.
I have also caught myself swearing and cursing at things under my breathe a lot. I once told the wind to ■■■■ off…
Yesterday I pounded my fists on my lap top, because it was being slow.
I don’t know why I’m like this, and its getting scary.
I don’t feel like I’m all that manic, anymore, but it still happens.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions, besides meditation, breathing, and trying to stay mindful?
This, I’m already doing.

Even writing this was so difficult, because my tablet keeps auto-correcting and mixing up words. My jaw is already sore from clenching, and it’s only 8am.

4 Likes

A nice sleep is a must for us cause our nerves are under unbearable pressure, how’s your sleep? Both hours and quality,

1 Like

Are you a man or woman
Could be pms
Exercise might help
Walk fast

I can be irritable too at times and it’s a side of me I really don’t like. I take 5mg diazepam when I’m feeling like this, it really helps.

1 Like

I agree, it makes a huge differencr.
When I’m manic, or anxious my sleep is terrible When depressed, I sleep too much.
The last 3 days have been terrible for sleep, but the irritability continues, even when I sleep well.

I am woman. :princess:
It is a possibility, although, this has been going on for the last 3 months.

I was never a ragey person until this past year or so. I would become so agrivated I would get sore neck and back from being tense. I’d snap at people and my kids for nothing. Punch or scratch things and myself a lot. It was scary because I was always so passive. I don’t know what brought it on and it hasn’t gone away exactly. But I have found that working out or running until I can barely breathe helps. If you race and sweat so much you’re just too worn out to be agitated.

Exercise is good one, for sure.
It also helps me get exhausted enough for sleep.

Has it decreased a great deal, though?
Exercise is very healthy and healing for the brain, so it should help.

My T just suggested this but I’m gonna give it a shot.

Ask from your psychiatrist for either sleep pills and sedating pills, you need sedation to get calm otherwise this irritability ruins your nerves,

1 Like

I’m taking meds that calm me.
Only problem is I can’t always use it freely, because I’m poor.

Thanks, I might give that a try.
I don’t know how much I believe this, as it seems like more of a placebo and psychological trickery, though. Especially, since there are the phrases involved, not that there’s anything wrong with that, if it works. I’m just disecting it. I’ll have to research it.

P.S. That man should have put lip balm on, before the video. His lip licking is very distracting. Lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.