Increased Paranoia

My paranoia has been on the increase for the last coupe of weeks.
Today there were some air conditioner workers - outside at my next door neighbors house.
I was getting paranoid - I felt unsafe around them, thought that they were going to ring my doorbell and cause trouble with me.
I went outside to walk my dog, felt like they were laughing at me.
I was paranoid that they had entered my house while I was walking my dog and drugged my water bottle!
I threw out my opened my water bottle out when I came back from the walk.

Now I am alone at home with my elderly and fragile Mom - I keep having intrusive images of bad people coming to my door to do harm to us.
I really think that I ought to tell my pdoc when I see her next week - this is getting out of hand!

I dont think that I can handle an increase of the Risperdal - it agitated me too much at the 3 mg and above doses - I am at 2.5 mg now

Know it well…I’m constantly telling myself I need proof to backup my thinking.

Hopefully the pdoc can give you some relief on it soon.

1 Like

My doctor prescribed me ativan to help with paranoia and anxiety. My partner has to calm me down if I’m acting paranoid.

1 Like

sorry you are feeling that way…but you know it is all rubbish.
our minds play tricks on us…that is all it is.
the fact is we are unnoticed by people, people are too wrapped up in there own lives.
take care :alien:

1 Like

The mind of paranoid schizophrenics plays often these tricks and most often these paranoid episodes are based on the wrong information such as some ‘unusual’ events and happenings in our neighborhoods. I have frequently these paranoid perceptions.

1 Like

This is why sometimes I do believe that my proper diagnosis would have to be Schizoaffective disorder - I am constantly paranoid.
Paranoia is not a main symptom of Bipolar type 1, but is a Hallmark primary symptom of SZ AND SZA.

Getting treated for my paranoia has been difficult - the Risperdal helps but none of the meds seem to totally eliminate it

I feel you. Having Paranoid thoughts is one of the worst forms of mental torture you can be subjected to. When they plague me I tell myself that God is guarding the gates, that I haven’t done anything wrong, and that people have their own lives to worry about. If you haven’t bothered anyone why would people want to harm you.

After I sleep it usually goes away, I wake up feeling less persecuted, there are also hours of the day when it’s worst. Take a PRN and try to sleep it off. Getting involved in some sort of activity in your Home like writing or creating art can also help take your mind off it. Don’t forget to check resources online on how to deal with it.

1 Like

I am less paranoid in the mornings, especially first thing.
For me the paranoia increases as the day goes on - night time is the worse for me.
I really dot know what my pdoc will do? My medication options are dwindling

1 Like

Seriously …
…for a sz…It can be hard

1 Like