Incapable and grumpy

I feel so incapable of taking care of my step son… and I feel so grumpy toward him right now. Maybe it’s the heat. Maybe I need to eat.
I think it’s bull crap his mom “can’t” take care of him.

Sorry just venting.

3 Likes

Could it be mood changes caused by pregnancy? Does that happen ?

1 Like

Yeah it could be… I don’t know if it’s mood changes or just hormones messing with me

1 Like

Don’t be so hard on yourself. I am sure you are doing great. :desert_island::desert_island::desert_island:

1 Like

But I’m honestly not doing a good job… my mom takes care of him more than me…

But thank you for the kind words graybear

1 Like

Does your stepson live with you full time? Just wondering if you get a break soon

1 Like

We get a break every other weekend :confused:

1 Like

I’m sure that’s a lot to take on, on top of being pregnant.

1 Like

Why can’t his mum take care of him.

1 Like

It is… but I better get used to it cause I’m gonna have to take care of my step son and a newborn…

1 Like

I honestly have no idea…

She has depression so everyone thinks she’s incapable of taking care of him…

2 Likes

I hope you have a good support system. Parenting can be overwhelming for anyone

2 Likes

Especially on antipsychotics,

But you’ve got this, you’re strong

2 Likes

Maybe you could talk to your step son’s mom and tell her to do what she can and to push herself a little bit in doing it. Being pregnant is a big deal. You’re making another human being. That’s got to be stressful. Explain that to your step son’s mom.

1 Like

Yeah definitely…

I have my mom to help… and my sister said she’d be willing to help if I ever needed a night off

1 Like

Right??

But thank you!!!

1 Like

I mean you as a mum.

But it does seem sort of unfair that you’re looking after her child so much… Idk maybe I’m missing something

1 Like

Ummm… we don’t talk lol I’ve been advised by my husbands family not to talk to her cause she is good at twisting what people say…

Also she doesn’t know I’m pregnant yet either I don’t think. Don’t think she’d be willing to help more even if she knew I was pregnant

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re missing anything lol…

I think it’s unfair as well.

1 Like

Good to hear @Human . And take every bit of help they offer

1 Like