IN The Mood

Ever get in the mood you would rather just walk out the door and never return home, Just get on a bus and leave everything and everyone behind?

I feel like that now, just go start over somewhere, doubt things would be any better, but tired of working to go no where fast and really why bother, someday it will all end and it will all for not.

Wonder what keeps us going really

1 Like

I have done that before. It isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. If you think your life sucks now, try having nowhere to live and no income. It is absolute hell.

1 Like

I got to where I am by doing that, left my hometown, was years ago. Life is hell no matter what you do really

1 Like

I had that feeling once, when I was young. I actually did run away from home, hoping to get work somewhere and then make my own money to buy a home and start a family. very ideal and fantasy-like thoughts. It didn’t work out.

I’ve tried multiple times to run away, and realized that it probably wouldn’t be easy to start anew. I didn’t have the mentality to separate myself from home and family. and I didn’t have the patience to live in a homeless shelter, nor the communication skills to gain the essentials like a job, personal security, respect, etc. my paranoid sz made things harder.

Starting anew is not easy nor fun. and I wouldn’t do it unless it was my only option.

2 Likes

Yes. All the time. But I usually tell myself my problems will just follow me wherever I go.

1 Like

I tried to do that when I was psychotic. That’s how they worked out I was unwell. Some days
I completely understand why I felt that way. Hang in there, escapism sounds good but it can make everything harder.

1 Like

I’ve had this type of thinking quite often throughout my life, but I’ve never acted on it. I’m not much into astrology, but many years ago I read an astrology book that said my sign (Pisces) is prone to this type of thinking. Thus maybe before all is said and done I’ll wind up in Margaritaville (Key West, Florida).:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Looking back, there were times when I think the best thing would have been for me to walk out the front door and not come back for two years.

1 Like

I’m a Gemini and I used to set key west as my destination! As I read it’s one of the best city in the USA to be homeless in. I don’t think like this anymore I live in the polar opposite (the coolest) side of the country now :sunglasses:

1 Like