Im worried i dont want to lose my driving privilege's

I have to send medical paperwork to my motor vehicle commission for medical review for schizophrenia to see im safe to drive, my pdoc says my medication doesnt hinder me from driving, my eye doctor says i have 20/20 vision and recommends me to wear eyeglasses at night but i dont drive at night. now i have to do physical at my primary doctor. Im worried im going to lose my driving privileges. What are they looking for. Im scared, have anxiety and paranoid with this. Can anyone help me.

That is really messed up. I didn’t know this could happen in the US. Do you like your primary doctor? They could probably answer questions for you.

1 Like

Yes i like her she a nice doctor.

1 Like

What?!?!
Is this a new law in NJ?
Does this apply to all mental illnesses?

Does anyone have answers?

2 Likes

idk but you have to report to the dmv, if your have schizophrenia. or any mental illness because you are on medication, they just want to know if you safe to drive on the road on your medications.

There is no law that states this.
Do you have a bad driving record?

Never heard of this.

2 Likes

no i have no points. call them if you dont believe me, the extension is 5032. (609) 292-6500

Then why are you forced to get a clean bill of health from your doctor?
There are no laws like this for good drivers.

2 Likes

When they asked if you had any illnesses, did you disclose sz? Because this sounds weird, unless you volunteered the DX.

3 Likes

its your choice if you dont want to report it. Im just doing it be safe, so i have it on file. If im pulled over from the police im good. its up to you.

Sounds like you are unnecessarily asking for trouble.

2 Likes

no im doing right thing. if you dont believe me call the number. if you ever pulled over and they found out your have mental illness and they dont have in file thats your choice.

Unless you are a dangerous driver, you are unnecessarily divulging your diagnosis over to a government agency.
It’s unnecessary @oe1489

3 Likes

You are just making yourself a target.

3 Likes

With the people that have been shot or killed by cops, I wouldn’t want anything on my record for them to refer to.

4 Likes

i said again if you dont believe call the number but its all up to you. im just want to be safe. whats wrong with that. dont worry just dont get caught.

its all up to you guys, just dont get caught im just playing it safe.

Whatever.
It’s so unnecessary.
You are now under their radar.

Good luck

1 Like

Schizophrenics get shot.
We are easy targets.

3 Likes

im not under the radar, go the through process, that needs be done. if you think if im not under there their radar thats your opinion. its to be done the right way.