Im worried i dont want to lose my driving privilege's

In NY they ask, " Have you had, or are you currently receiving treatment or taking medication for any condition which causes unconsciousness or unawareness such as convulsive disorder, epilepsy, fainting or dizzy spells, or heart ailment?

No other questions and you are clear unless your illness causes and accident or a doctor reports you cannot drive.

2 Likes

thats the opposite, if the know im schizophrenic they will be more understanding. thats obvious. okay im done with subject. its all up to guys. have a great day. be positive and happy.

1 Like

This is fuucked all the way around.

I would never disclose my status to the cops.

People are out here in the States getting shot by police over an air freshener hanging from their rear-view mirror for Christ’s sake.

4 Likes

Anxiety can get in the way of driving. I wouldn’t divulge your diagnosis unless you think its going to get in the way. But if you have a documented disability its really up to you. It just seems unnecessary unless it gets in the way. My mom lost her driving privileges but this was before she started treating her schizophrenia. The main thing was she didn’t renew her driver’s license so it expired. So if you’re up to date there really is no reason for them to take your license from you, if you have no points and are a good driver I wouldn’t worry about it hun.

Haha… what planet have you been living on?
Wish this were the case, but unfortunately it’s the opposite.

3 Likes

yea but thats true remeber theres alway good people and bad people in world, theres bad cops and good cops. stop being irrational. Not all of them are bad.

The thing is, we’re genuinely concerned over your safety. It’s very sad that we have to worry about safety from cops, but here we are these days.

1 Like

Just have a good day alright.

Hmmmmm…

I’ll take my chances with staying the hell off their radar, thanks.

2 Likes

cool thats fine by me.

1 Like

From the threads you’ve made here it’s clear you like making trouble for yourself.

I don’t know why on Earth you would disclose schizophrenia to the authorities,

But you’ve done that and now you have to live under that forever.

Bad move.

3 Likes

I can relate. Some places the cops are better at being compassionate and not overly reactive. It would be nice if more law enforcement officers knew how to respond to mental health situations. If you feel better disclosing your mental illness in your community then that’s a really good thing. But I think people are speaking from experience, it’s always good to be cautious about who you disclose personal information to. It’s your business really. I wouldn’t tell the DMV I have “schizophrenia or bipolar” because I’m a good driver and don’t have any points and I don’t want anything to impede my driving record or get in the way. Plus schizophrenia has nothing to do with my driving. I take meds I don’t have hallucinations or anything when driving. So why would I need to divulge my history?

1 Like

Sz medication can affect how a person drives a car. But so does insomnia too.

lol okay whatever you say. im made good move. and i know it. Im done. plus you have to report it its the rules. im not replying anymore. if you want to talk about it more you guys can im done.

What’s your source for that?

I think you just volunteered the information.

1 Like

in the renewal form. happy now it ask if you have mental disorder. Thats why. so you want me lie. im done.

I don’t get the fuss.
If someone has a history of psychotic spells, or takes sedating medicines, they could be a liabity on the road, and they should be given an ok from a doctor before driving.

2 Likes

I just renewed my license and saw no such thing.

It only asked about conditions that impaired your ability to drive.

You’re a drama queen.

Last October when I was getting a Real ID, I gave up my DL for a State ID card. You don’t have to be physically/mentally fit for one of those. I don’t own a car or drive anymore because I can’t afford it. My insurance was high along with repairs to my car.

Thank You Miika your only one that agrees with me but its says in renewal form if you have mental disorder. well my state nj has it.