I'm thinking of making sushi tomorrow for the family

Can I just buy standard sushi and freeze it for 24 hours and use that?

Or do I really have to search all of England to find ‘sushi grade’ salmon?

5 Likes

As long as it freezes you should be fine I think

1 Like

That’s what I’m hoping. It is really difficult to find ‘sushi grade’ salmon. I’ve already had a look.

Not really into the idea of buying salmon from an online source.

1 Like

Yeah I’m with you just make sure it’s frozen good before taking it out of the freezer

1 Like

Thankyou Twialine… I’m looking forward to making it.

How’s the gluten free going? Do you get serious reactions if you eat gluten

1 Like

There are many different types of sushi. Tuna roll, California roll, Maki roll, Sashimi, Tempura, etc.

2 Likes

@anon83141956. No problem… It’s going alright… Yes I end up physically sick for like an hour or more and I end up with it coming out the other end as water for two weeks no joke! So I HAVE to be careful… Lots of ingredients reading

1 Like

@yinyang. Don’t forget avacodo roll

2 Likes

My favourite sushi is crab mayo suhi, you tried it?

1 Like

@yinyang. Correct me if I’m wrong but you can put pretty much anything in sushi right?

2 Likes

Well it’s great that you are taking it seriously, reading labels and stuff.

@anon83141956. I have to last time I ate gluten i thought I was having a heart attack because of the pain threw me into a panic attack

1 Like

Has it always been like that or just recently?

@anon83141956. It’s recently gotten worse

1 Like

@anon83141956. My celiac started because I because a vegaterian that ate mostly pasta and bread for about 4 years it destroyed my stomach

1 Like

I love sushi. I’m jealous!

2 Likes

Ahhh OK… That makes sense. Yes I can understand that. As a kid and teenager I nearly lived on cereal. So now I don’t do too well on gluten either. Not to the extent that I throw up, etc, but I get mind fog and sluggishness feelings worsen.

Wah. That’s shocking. I’ll keep that in mind for the future.

1 Like

@Hanna_Foxx. I know right! I use to make my but I would only use fake crab ya know the cooked stuff… I only strayed from that and went raw if I was at a restaurant

2 Likes

Hehe, I would share if I could. But then again I’m scared I’ll give some of you food poisoning :crazy_face:

I’ll post pics if I can

1 Like