I'm thinking about looking for another job

I don’t think the stress will be good for my mental state in the long run. Plus I feel my manager is controlling. I have to cc her in every single email I send out. I mean everything. Is that even normal?

1 Like

It might just be for the beginning.

Ishu i am sure will get another low stress job
Soon…

1 Like

No. She did it to the last worker. The one before me. He’s still there in another post.

It wouldn’t be so stressful if the manager wasn’t constantly on my case.

1 Like

hey,

I’ve worked lots. I didn’t get diagnosed till I was 29 with some insidious onset…that means i just slid off the radar into la la land.

Working is great if you can do it. But on these medications I do poorly. I sleep too much and when I work I get shafted because I can’t compete and stress makes my symptoms worse. Ie I get paranoid and it’s no fun for anyone.

Seriously. It’s hard on welfare all over this world but if you can do it and survive then that isn’t a bad option. Your mentally ill for focks sake!

If you have to work then it’s all about stress reduction. That often isn’t easy but become the Zen in your mind to cope.

A friend in the struggle,

rogueone.

2 Likes

I have never been able to claim any sort of Financial help from the government so I have no choice but to work. I can work though and I’ve only had the one psychosis 7 years back. But my moods get effected from time to time as does my concentration and memory. It makes me feel down when it happens but it’s one of the reasons why I’ve never been able to stick to one job.

1 Like

Hi @far_cry0, I want to start up my own small business or company next year, do you have any suggestions!!!

1 Like

It’s none of my business I guess, but since you are usually employed, what do you spend all your money on?
I buy clothes occasionally, eat out at restaurants, buy occasional luxuries, or get stuff for the car or my room, give a little to the homeless population around here etc. I’m just curious.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about the email thing, sounds like your manager is kind of a micromanager . I hate that, but if you realize it’s just how they are. It’s a little easier to adapt to there games and not let it bother you. I hate that management style but have learned to just be accountable to them. There are worse enviroments to be in
Your health comes first and you Know how much you can deal with. There are good jobs out there but it’s not like it used to be.

1 Like

Well I pay for the little luxuries like jewellery and clothes, a phone maybe once a year, takeaway food , that’s what I can remember. And to be honest I don’t work for the money entirely. I have family who will support me. Work makes me feel independent. And Gets me out so I can see faces other than my families.

1 Like

But I just feel this job is very pressured. We have a meeting every month and if my manager didn’t come in for one of them I’d be screwed. I book travel tickets and hotel reservations for so many who attend these meetings so we can’t just cancel.

1 Like

I had to cc my manager and the dean on many of my e-Mails. For me it was just a requirement of the job so I just made sure the e-mails were as professional as possible. No personal e-mails from work address.

1 Like