I'm thinking about going all in on full-time work

This has previously backfired on me. I start getting symptoms. I am just struggling to find anything part-time. But I keep thinking it will be different every time. It hardly is. The hospital where I worked told me to contact them once I get back and they’ll send me a list of available jobs. If I am interested in any of them I can start.

6 Likes

Not sure about you but I can’t give up

2 Likes

Good luck, I hope it works out.

1 Like

I don’t want to give up., I want to make it work. I am armed with more knowledge and can ask for reasonable adjustments where I need them… so I might give it a shot don’t have anything to lose./

1 Like

You got to be honest with yourself. Do you really think you can handle full time?

I have to accept working around 30-40% because of sedation from meds and insomnia. But I get disability aid for the rest.

1 Like

Why not give it a shot. You have a different dx now right?

1 Like

The dx doesn’t change how much I struggle, but maybe if I pick the right role, it will be ok :confused:

1 Like

Yea true good point. I just meant you’re making progress with your mental health :slightly_smiling_face: maybe making a few extra changes or getting some accomodations will allow you to work full-time. Best of luck with everything :pray:

1 Like

It’s worth trying full-time employment if you find a job that you think you will enjoy. Consider it a trial run and try not to put too much pressure on yourself. Then see how it works out for you.

1 Like

So what job do you have in mind?

1 Like

I don’t really have a choice after my mission, it’s career or death for me.

1 Like

They only have office based for me.

2 Likes