I'm tempted to go off meds

Even if I got psychotic I’d at least feel more. I miss feeling more. And the meds take away some of my ability to feel. But I probably won’t do it. At least for a while. I’m gonna try to quit medication some time in the future after I’ve been stable or a long time. Just needed to vent.

3 Likes

It’s a relatable feeling.
When I was on heavier meds, I was too numb to feel anything. I cried once in two years!
It can be really frustrating

I understand what your saying. Best of luck!

I haven’t cried a single time the 1.5 years I’ve been on meds.

I know the feeling @magz
But please hang in there.
Coming off of all your meds is not a viable solution.

Talk with your psychiatrist about other solutions.

Took me 6 years to find the right med. Was in the hospital twice a year or every 6 months before that. I hate hospitals now. No use for me there. Vraylar helped me. Latuda is working now too.

2 Likes

Don’t quit your meds without a drs approval. But you might talk your pdoc into letting you try. They can monitor you that way

Cogentin gave me pleasure so did supplements. It takes time. Exercise and caffeine gives me euphoria.

I totally understand the feeling. I go through similar feelings. Stay strong.

Don’t do it without a doctor. :deer::deer::deer:

I don’t feel or think much on meds I have tried to go on less in the past but it didn’t work out

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.