Why does sz/sza do this?

I am so tired of sitting around feeling gross, but I can’t get myself to shower. I just can’t do it, and it’s not for a lack of drive- which I’ve actually had lately. However, because I’m not showering, it’s inhibiting my ability to do things as I won’t leave the house unclean and sometimes won’t leave my bedroom. So even though I want and am able to do things, I won’t.

So I must ask your theories (or maybe someone has a scientific answer): What causes us to avoid showers?

1 Like

Yeah I have a difficult time with getting into the shower.
With me it’s lack of motivation.

It’s just too much work to undress get into the bath tub and soap up, shampoo rinse off then dry off and get dressed.

Honestly I’m frustrated.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, and I understand. I think so many on here do. I’ve only had motivation for about a month. It’s the lack of showering that’s getting in my way a lot of times. It doesn’t help that, now that I’ve gained weight, everything seems so much more difficult!

1 Like

Lack of motivation! I have it too, but god it feels great after a good shower! Nothing like feeling clean. I hate myself when I’m too lazy to shower and I feel so gross! Routine is important because you get used to not doing stuff and that becomes you telling yourself that you can’t do it!

1 Like

Yeah, I seriously need to get into a routine. When I was in the hospital, it was easy. I didn’t skip showers. I was bored as all get-out, but I showered every morning.

My Pdoc made me fill out a timesheet for how to structure my day, really helped me to have a checklist on showering, chores and such. On the days I can follow it, or even parts of it, I call an accomplished day

1 Like

Yeah I have a hard time getting into the shower too. That and laundry. I used to do it automatically without a second thought.

2 Likes

I find if I shower early in the day I will do and accomplish so much more. On days that I don’t shower I don’t want to do anything! So really for me something as simple as showering really is (the hard part is just getting off my behind) that it really rescues my day from sitting around doing nothing like a bump on a log! I hate looking back at all the life I’ve missed out on because of my own laziness!

1 Like

I dont like showers but I do them. It’s the way I feel and experience life on medication.

1 Like

I’m happy if I take 2 showers a week. In April I had gone 5 weeks without showering, so twice a week is a good improvement. I’ve also been brushing my teeth regularly and am proud of myself for that. And I’m actually changing clothes when I shower, too, which is another change for me.

2 Likes

The only good thing to come out of this is that your water bill will be lower.

1 Like

No one wants to be around stink!! Lol!! :mask::mask::mask::mask:

Hey! Don’t dis my stink! What has it ever done to you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol! Well I know what mine has done to other people! My mom used to tell me how ripe I smelled!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.