I'm ready for my

piano teacher to come over today. I have a lesson today. For an hour. He should pass me on several piano pieces and exercises today: Hanon and Czerny exercises, Scottish Dances I and III by Friedrich Kuhlau, and The Happy Farmer by Robert Schumann.

I feel really competent on them all so, I should pass and move on to other projects today. I’m really happy about it. My teacher comes today (Monday) at noon.

17 Likes

how exciting!! reminds me of when I used to take oil painting classes…she closed the studio. Have fun!

3 Likes

@jukebox So that’s where you got your talent for painting! Too bad your teacher closed her studio. Could you take classes at a community college or something?

3 Likes

Actually I used to be a professional artist but only used to work in acrylics. I was learning to use oils but I still prefer acrylics now…haha

No classes around here…we are far from a big city…just a nice slow little town.

3 Likes

Super cool!!! A professional artist! No wonder. I hope you like small town living. I really don’t. I tried it. It was not for me. I was my most depressed and suicidal while living in a small town.

3 Likes

When I was married I lived in Phoenix and that was way too much town. No traffic jams or crime in my town. except for the occasional meth bust, it’s a quiet town. I miss all the things you can do in a city but I can always go with my mom up to OKC if I want…thanks for saying super cool about my being a professional artist. I don’t paint anymore…long story…mainly I can’t afford it.

3 Likes

Sounds good @SkinnyMe! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good luck! Just remember a teacher can tell if you’ve practiced or not so even if you make mistakes, she’ll be able to see all your hard work and progress.

4 Likes

Aw that’s too bad you can’t afford to paint anymore. I just up and quit writing music one fine day myself. There just wasn’t any money in it and it took up too much of my time, effort and money.

You lived in Phoenix too? That’s where the Air Force sent me. I lived there for 10 years when I was a young woman. It was great living there. Such a party town.

1 Like

I’m very aware of this but thanks. I always practice for one solid hour six days a week and I think my teacher appreciates this about me. He told me once that he enjoys teaching me and I’m sure it’s because I practice.

2 Likes

@SkinnyMe I miss the saroro cactus there in Arizona…I also miss the mild winters.

1 Like

@SkinnyMe that’s great! Then there’s nothing to worry about! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I miss the mild winters too tbh. I’m way past the partying age now.

1 Like

Thank you. 15151515

Did you have your lesson yet? How did it go? Did you pass off all of your music?

1 Like

Yes, I had my lesson and it went great. And no, I didn’t pass on everything. But, did make a lot of progress. He gave me quite a bit of new material to work on too. So, I will be busy this week. And that is a good thing.

3 Likes

Awesome! New material is always (well, usually) pretty fun. You should upload a video of you playing. I’d love to hear it.

1 Like

@Sardonic, I would but, I have no one to video record me. Besides, I get too anxious to the point where I can’t perform when I play for an audience. It’s really sad. I’ll never be a performer that’s for sure.

1 Like

No, new material is always a lot of hard work. But, I look at it as a challenge. And I love the challenge.

1 Like

@SkinnyMe I understand. I’m sorry, I should’ve thought about your feelings before asking. I just got excited. That said, it is good to challenge yourself on your instrument. If you don’t challenge yourself then you’ll never get better. I learned this the hard way with clarinet. In the early days, I rarely if ever practiced. Then I got tired of being bad af my instrument. You practice a lot, you must be pretty good! When did you start playing?

1 Like