I'm ready for my

Oh, @Sardonic, there’s no need to apologize. You had no way of knowing about my performance anxiety. And you’re right. It is good for us to challenge ourselves.

Do you still play the clarinet? I hope you do. I always think it is so sad when people abandon their instruments when they grow up and become adults.

I started piano lessons at age 46. I am almost 59 now. I practice almost every day for 60 minutes a day.

1 Like

Well I’ve taken a bit of a break from the clarinet as we only have one and my brother needs it for school. I plan on picking it up again this summer. I will be practicing for college band. I’m kind of excited about it honestly. Man, I used to practice for hours, especially during the summer.

Wow, 13 years is a long time. Even though 60 minutes a day may not seem like a lot, all that time adds up. You must be pretty damn good!

1 Like

@Sardonic, Actually, I’m not all that good. I wish I was better. I really struggle at it. Although I admit I’ve gotten a lot better over the past year and a half.

You must be really good on the clarinet if you used to practice for hours and hours. I could never do that. I get burned out too easily.

Wow, how exciting! Playing for the college band! You’re so lucky!

1 Like

I don’t have much of a natural affinity for the clarinet, so I made up for it with lots of practice. When I first started playing, I didn’t really practice at all, so I was always behind. Then I reached high school and realized that I was tired of being bad, so I started practicing a lot almost every day. I think that, as you get older, your instrument learning ability slows. It is difficult to learn a new instrument, but not impossible. Also, remember that musicians tend to think they’re worse than they are, so you’re likely much better than you’re giving yourself credit for.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.