I'm permanently changing

I’m permanently changing my name next year. I will name myself after my beloved grandfather Narcisso. I shall be called Narcissa. I feel more connected to this name than my birth name. I have always hated when people said my name.

1 Like

What is your real name? Just curious. Narcissa is a lovely name.

1 Like

Perla (Pearl) Cecilia. It will be Narcissa Cecilia.

I can see what you mean. Perla doesn’t sound as nice as Narcissa. Good for you.

1 Like

I’ve toyed with the idea of changing my name many times. It’s a lot of work, what with the court, updating birth certificate, going to SSA and the DMV, and then all the other things we have (credit cards, auto loans, Amazon and whatever sites you shop at etc). It’s pesky, but definitely doable if you’re committed.

1 Like

:blush: I’m so excited! :+1:

1 Like

More power to you. I think it’s kind and a good gesture to have meaning of something you choose and not just what you take because of family. I don’t like or hate my name but I can see where it would be a problem.

Life is what you make of it and do what makes you happy. Just let me know if you change your nick here so I know who it is haha. I’m so old now and this board moves fast for my tired old brain.

1 Like

You want to share the first name of that scrag from Harry Potter? Narcissa Malfoy?

I don’t think it’s going to be well received.

1 Like

She redeemed herself in the end. That’s got to count for something.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.