Concerned about relatives reading my posts

I changed my name to a gender neutral name, and took out my location, birthday and picture. Central Time Zone in the Southern US is close enough. I’ve been on the forum five years I think.

1 Like

Who were you before?

I’m not going to say because I think my relatives know that. I’m 40+ year old. I probably shouldn’t have told them I’m on schizophrenia.com.

My mother found my profile and posts a few years back, as I used my real name and photo.

Now I feel more comfortable that it’s more hidden away

The mistake I made was asking a question here after a pdoc appointment, and she Googled practically the same thing and my thread showed up on her search, and she knew it was me

Sucks, but it was not a nice feeling that she could follow me on here.

3 Likes

Thanks FadeToBlack.

You’ll be ok. I think it’s harder for the public to click on profiles etc unless they’re a member, but @Ninjastar @anon4362788 or @rogueone would probably be able to advise better on how to setup your profile so you stay safe here

2 Likes

I want to change my name to, how do you do it?

1 Like

Leave a post titled Name Change Request, what you want your new name to be, and they like to have a picture of a cat. Do the following:

@Moonbeam @rogueone @Ninjastar @anon4362788

This post will probably suffice.

1efe4986-89bc-4356-be5d-f33bddf3c871.CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX220_V1_

2 Likes

Idgaf who reads what I post. I should really be more candid…

But again, idgaf.

Kind of a lifestyle attitude for me really.

1 Like

Name change @Moonbeam @rogueone @Ninjastar @anon4362788 Thinking-of-getting-a-cat|690x345

There you go. Enjoy.

1 Like

sonXI, you may want to edit your post and remove the @ old name that’s there. I can’t do it.

1 Like

Thanks! 15151515

Sorry to bother you again, but sonXI’s name is still showing just above the kitten picture he posted. Can you remove his name?

I removed it but messed up the cat.

1 Like

That’s ok. 1515

The Navy SEALs know everything I say on here.

1 Like

I don’t know if I should ask this but do you still want to be friends or does it cause you problems?

i’m not concerned that relatives would read my post. But i don’t think they can find me here.

1 Like

Thanks lekkerhondje.

1 Like