I'm officially off meds

I think so 1515

Or maybe it was a huge event and you’re grasping at straws to feel better afterwards. And it may still be affecting you but you’re desperate and think going off meds will lift your spirits?

I lost hope in psychiatry after these last few months. I’ve been in and out of episodes, psychotic or manic or depressed, medication barely touched any of it. Historically they work maybe a couple months then either increase or change meds, same cycle. Idk I just said ■■■■ it. It’s impossible to get around anywhere without a car and I have such bad anhedonia(?) I just sit all day on days I don’t work. I don’t have energy for things that aren’t even helping

2 Likes

OK, well I wish I had a solution for you. Have you tried clozapine, the last resort drug? I guess you are aware of the risks of going off meds.

1 Like

No I haven’t but I’m not wanting the side effects.

1 Like

That’s why most people don’t like taking meds. Most people hate the drugs and the side effects but the alternative is often worse.

1 Like

I have no way of knowing if you’re making the right decision but it certainly sounds like you’ve thought a great deal about it and reached a well thought out conclusion. Best of luck. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I hope it works out for you if things get bad you could always try clozapine I think they give that to people who are med resistant

Be careful! Don’t burn any bridges. Hedge your bets. If you feel yourself getting out of control get some help.

Hopefully you can cope

meds are okay for me. I need them.

1 Like

Dont the meds help a bit at least? I mean idk how severe are your positive symptoms but its safer to be on meds. My positives can make me kill myself or others so I will never stop them again. Even when I reduce my dose a bit I feel the anger/violence and agitation increasing.

They helped for a couple months at a time

1 Like

If I were you I would go on Clozapine but its your choice afterall and anyways you will be on forced injections if you get involuntarily hospitalized.

Clozapine made me sick but if there’s any trouble get help right away. I know it’s hard I’ve been off meds completely before. Guess what I had to go back on meds.i hope it works out for you hugs.

2 Likes

I hope you find an answer to your issues.
Medication isn’t everything, but it appears you are still symptomatic and/or struggling.

2 Likes

@Froge Are you feeling good? That’s probably all that matters

1 Like

I feel amazing 15

1 Like

you won’t really listen to any advice so why does this thread go on…you will become totally delusional soon and it’s your fault…I hate anti meds threads…

Best of luck off meds. If you start feeling bad then talk to a doctor.