I'm moving out in July

I’m moving out of my independent senior living facility and into a regular apartment in July. They are going to raise my rent by 5% in September and I just can’t afford it. Not at the rates they charge. This regular apartment is a LOT more reasonable. I will have to provide my own meals but, there is a grocery store, with a deli, right across the street, and I can hire a maid to come in and clean my apartment every two weeks with as little as I’m paying this new apartment. I won’t have a car, but, the VA provides transportation to appointments at the hospital for veterans. I have a friend who is willing to take me to church and to my volunteer meetings and assignments. I never go anywhere else.

I’ve already put down my application fee, and security deposit. I applied online. I’ve already seen one of the apartments. It is very, very nice. It’s a one bedroom, one bath, with balcony. About the same size apartment as I have now.

10 Likes

Sounds great! I hope it works out!

1 Like

Yeah good luck with the move. Sounds like a no brainer and glad you have an option!

1 Like

Wow sounds nice @SkinnyMe!
Best of luck with everything!

1 Like

Sounds cozy! Good luck.

1 Like

when i was about 20 I always move for increasing rent. I am stable since I own my self house now, but I cherish of my memory move to a new place, sometimes good neighbors,roommates,a little cozy new apartment can bring you the fresh feeling and happiness. My goal now is if we can buy a little new apartment and move again.:grin:

2 Likes

Sounds like you have it all planned out well. good luck in your new home.

1 Like

Yeah, I already gave the senior living facility administrator my notice. She will probably not get it until Monday though. I’m going to be saving literally thousands every month.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.