Move in to my new apartment in three weeks

I will miss a couple things about this place I’m in now.

You know what I won’t miss? Their damn coughing. Almost everybody here coughs incessantly, day and night every day. I’ve never lived in a group home or hospital with so many people who coughed so much. Some of them have legitimate smokers coughs. At the least it’s annoying. At the most it is to goad me into getting mad. It’s part a power thing.

Most of these people were cool to me at one time or another. Some people treat me with a little respect. And even the women here seemed to like me. But after every great conversation or exchange of pleasantries, 5 minutes later they are bugging me or literally trying to intimidate me. I just have to tough it out for three weeks and then all this will be just a bad memory.

10 Likes

Hey, wishing you all the best with the move.

…and…

We want pics!

2 Likes

Well, I can’t promise anything. But thanks.

@77nick77 Will you be moving into another Group Home situation?
Or moving into independent living?
Good luck either way.

3 Likes

Good luck at your new place Nick!

1 Like

Good luck with your move @77nick77

1 Like

Good for you @77nick77 , Hope everything goes well with that.

1 Like

I’m getting an apartment though the mental health clinic I go to. It will be independent living but if problems come up they are there to help us. I don’t know everything about it but if we (the other guy living there) don’t have problems they will let us alone. If a physical problem happens like a pipe bursts, or the electricity goes out or if a faucet leaks we notify a case manager, not the landlord.

Rent is ridiculously cheap for the area the apartment is in . The rent will be $500 a month. I live in Silicon Valley in California. I’ve looked for my own housing over the last twenty years because I’ve moved around and I know that just to rent a room in someones house presently you will be paying a minimum of $750.a month. And that’s a steal but you will not get a nice room or any extras like your own bathroom or kitchen privileges. To get a decent room in this area you have to pay at least $900 a month.

2 Likes

A turtle walks in. Coughs louder than the whole town and then bolts for the nearest exit :blush:

3 Likes

As long as he doesn’t do it incessantly then I’m OK with it.
77nick77 bolts for the kitchen for some pears in heavy juice cackling at his own wit.

1 Like

Hey welcome back @anon31257746. You came back to the forum just in time to help Nick move to his new apartment.

2 Likes

I was just missing the good ol days when you could crash the forum with one amiable thought towards a turtle :turtle: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes