Schizophrenia.com

I'm losing health insurance

On December 6th, I will no longer have medical assistance. There is nothing I can do about this, nor can I afford to pay for my own insurance. So I guess I’m out of luck. I’ll have to go off my meds, because there is no way in hell I can afford them on my own. If I go to the hospital I’ll be financially ruined, probably for the rest of my life, and there’s nothing I can do about it.

The only thing I can do is hope my boyfriend gets hired full time at his job, gets on a healthcare plan, and I marry him. Until and if that happens, I guess I’ll have to deal with my illness on my own. Wish me luck.

i am so deeply sorry for you…sometimes life just sucks

i hope things work out for you @RowanAmethyst that must be very worrying, idk what i would do if i couldn’t get my meds :frowning: isn’t there a charity that could support you and maybe get you something until it gets sorted out?

that sucks, i hope things work out for you.
take care :alien:

Okay, so apparently I can file an appeal, during which they won’t cut my coverage. I’m not out of the woods yet but I have a chance. Also I’m going to get a lawyer involved to see about getting SSDI, I was denied and I want to try again. So again, slightly more optimistically, wish me luck.

sending you best wishes and ton’s of good luck

Good luck! Keep trying! Schizophrenia is the Golden Ticket for SSI.

These guys may be able to help you.

http://www.championdisability.com

I hope things work out for you. Good luck. I don’t know what I’d do without insurance coverage. I also have asthma.

A stark reminder of the prison we all live in.

No excuse for some this ■■■■.

Hope you can get your meds.

Some pharmaceutical companies give assistance to people who can’t afford their medication if you contact them directly.

@RowanAmethyst that is really stressful I bet? I hope you get your SSDI and medicare benefits next appeal. Good luck.

Do you have a doctor that can help you? When I didn’t have insurance my doctor would help get me samples of my medication, it was a pain having to go to her office all the time for the drugs instead of the pharmacy but she was willing to help me.

I meant SSI, not SSDI, in case anyone was confused. I’m gonna try to stay on MA if I can, if not I’m sure I can figure something out, hopefully not go off my meds, but if I do it won’t be the end of the world. I’ve survived without the meds before, if I have to I’ll do it again.

When I didn’t have coverage and then no insurance I went to the county health dept and started seeing their dr’s and therapists on a sliding scale fee. I got my meds at walmart with their $4 scripts and for the expensive stuff the dr’s gave me samples every month. I still go to the county health dept because the dr’s there are great. If you think you can get SSI then why not medicaid?

Okay, update! They’re extending my coverage to the end of the month, and as long as I get them some paperwork that I apparently missed by then, I’ll be fine. Though I also need to send proof that I’m continuing to apply for SSI. Overall, crisis mostly averted.

Oh, thank goodness. It’s sad you have to jump through these hoops in the first place. Sending a big hug your way from the Great White North. :smile:

10-96

Are you in the US? Can you also apply for the Affordable Care ACT?

I was just cruising the NAMI website and saw this, thought of you: Prescription Drug Assistance