I'm losing coverage at the end of the month

So I’m losing my Medi-cal coverage at the end of September. I wasn’t to worried because I can now pay for insurance but I can’t find any insurance that will cover Invega Trinza. Trinza is the only thing that has worked for me and for some reason all oral medication triggers my psychosis even oral Invega. I’m very worried I won’t be able to get my medication anymore, the price is almost $7000 per shot. I was hoping if someone knew of any insurance in California in the Riverside County that will cover Trinza. I’m going to try to appeal the termination but if all else fails I still have Haldol Decanoate as a potential option. Fingers crossed.

I hope they listen to your appeal or that you find an insurance plan that covers the Invega Trinza. Good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sending the best vibes I can your way from the Great White North. Good luck, meng! Please let us know how it works out for you. :heart:

1 Like

The prices are stupid in the USA, how can anyone afford to pay that out of their own pocket. It just shows what these drug companies will do if they can get away with it.

I’m on Abilify Maintaina and here in the UK it’s free to me, it costs approximately £250 per injection, just checked the price for USA and it’s $2227 (£1713).

2 Likes

Basically this is the bottom line on the prices in the US. The pharmaceuticals have such power over the government representatives that they are willing to put those prices on the taxpayer’s bill and I doubt Obamacare really picks up the tab. If the government refused to pay for it prices would have to be cut but any candidate who supported such a move would be removed by a candidate supported by “drug money”…Before Obamacare’s sad attempt to change things (those who have it apparently pay plenty for it) a disability amounted to something a private insurance company was unwilling to pay or something an individual had that was a high cost risk because insurance companies want to make profits. Of course there were limits to what was considered a disability as arthritis and diabetes are not considered to be disabilities although someone who with severe complications with them would be because the government couldn’t pay for them if everyone with those conditions went on disability. So you may notice those drugs are not necessarily as expensive as those for the drugs covered by SSDI, or SSI. Also the class action lawsuits that frequently occur in America forces drug prices higher.(if you still are taking medicine and you take one of those settlements don’t complain about the price going up. You are part of the problem.) It’s a real toxic mixture that make American drugs the costliest in the World.

My Medicaid wouldn’t cover my Geodon, but my doctor wrote an appeal and managed to get them to cover it. Hopefully your doctor can do something similar. He had to show documented proof that I had tried and failed with a bunch of other medications.

1 Like

Thank you all! I’m very worried but I’m hanging in there. I’m sure things will turn around.

2 Likes

I m so sorry what you have.i hope you can manage this situation.ı m also taking invega shots.you can just try to take invega oral tablets.i knew what you said but that can be delusion because injection and tablets are same things.injections only for those who doesnt manage taking tablet routines thats all.there is no difference except that

I hope so, I’m willing to give the tablets a shot, My psychiatrist says it could be my stomach processing the drug differently.

UPDATE My Trinza shot is already paid for, for next month which is a huge relief. I talked with my nurse and she said all SSI recipients are enrolled in Medi-cal by default so I should be covered. So now all I have to do is go to my local DPSS building and get it fixed. Thanks so much for helping me out, I was so sure I was going to lose my medication and go insane again.

Much Love, BF

1 Like

Second UPDATE: Everything is resolved. I miss understood the letter I got. It turns out I had two medi-cal coverages one from ssi and the other from when I enrolled earlier. Just the first one is terminated. They could have worded that better but at least I’m still covered.

2 Likes