Im doing good but still feel like Im missing out from that alcohol buzz!

I am doing good because I have not had any alcohol for 4 years.

I feel I am uncomplete without alcohol in me.

what a paradox.

When I have alcohol in me I feel life and like living and socializing, but I dont suffer from the suicidal thoughts and feelings I have when my body needs it becuase it becomes addicted to it after just one beer.

3 Likes

I understand. This time of year is particularly difficult for me because I’m an alcoholic (who hasn’t had a drink in many years).

It seems to be human nature that over time we remember, even glorify, the good and forget the bad. Do you remember why you stopped drinking? Do you remember the hangovers? Do you remember the terrible sleep? Do you remember the brain fog? Do you remember the depression?

You’ve come too far to go back.

2 Likes

The average human spends 2 years of their life hungover according to a new study. I don’t miss that. When I used to drink a lot I hated it. I also hate sobriety so I know your pain. A beer every two weeks and I’m good. Wish I could help you with that but some ppl r just unlucky when it comes to health issues like alcoholism. Naltrexone helped me with the crazy thoughts.

1 Like

I feel I am uncomplete without alcohol in me.

When I first went to AA, I thought alchohol was worth dying for. That’s how bad I was. I got lucky and they helped.

1 Like

When they put me on the Haldol decoate shot it took away a lot of the good feeling I got from an alcohol buzz, but I kept drinking because it still felt good, just not as good as before. Now I have quit drinking for right at a year. I still crave alcohol. I don’t know why. I have friends I have to watch out for that don’t want me to get sober. However, I’m starting to realize that if I ever want to leave assisted living I will have to be free of alcohol. I get in trouble when I drink. I can’t make it on my own if I am drinking.

2 Likes

Alcoholism and addiction is very bad for alcoholics because alcohol is so readily available. I wish you the best of luck. I drink, but only every now and then. My friend is a serious alcoholic.

1 Like