I'm considering going back to school for welding

I’ve tried finishing my AA degree, but I really suck at college science.

Welding seems like it might be more fun to learn. It’s more hands on. I am still considering it though.

My local junior college offers a certificate in it.

:v:

12 Likes

Sounds like a solid plan; a good welder can make a very good living.

Do you know if the GI bill will pay for it?

3 Likes

I think that’s a great idea!

4 Likes

I think a trade is a good idea.

3 Likes

Sounds interesting @Montezuma!

3 Likes

@freakonaleash Yes, the program is fully accredited and the GI bill will cover it :blush:.

@anon54386108 and @TomCat thank you for your support. :grin:

4 Likes

I think it’s a great idea. My brother learned welding in the Air Force. He’s been able to get great jobs over the years.

4 Likes

Go for it! It’s a good job!

2 Likes

Why thank you for the encouragement!

I have some family who work as welders. One of them works in a shop, an extremely safe working environment.

I’m also an Air Force veteran. Please tell your brother I said “Hi!” :wave: :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for your service! My brother just retired last month. 20 years! It’s hard to believe. It seems like he just went in.

Good luck to you in learning welding. You will have success!

Edit: my bro was Air National Guard after his active service.

2 Likes

Hmm. Your yellow emoticon peoples are freaking me out.

Are those things mind reading fairies???.

Yeah you can make some really good money as a welder. Hope this works out for you. Good luck!

1 Like

i use to love welding but i was very bad at it in the end, i forgot to check the settings on the machine and the other mechanic messed with the settings while i was welding bc he was a prick and trying to get my job,

i was good at it though mig was my favourite with the copper wire and the gas, i loved cutting the metal and grinding as well but it was very dangerous, sometimes kicked back.

2 Likes

Huh??

Are you referring to the cartoon beetle as my avatar?

It’s not a mind reading fairy, if that’s what you’re referring to.

1 Like

Your beetle looks like a lacookaracha.

Emoticons.

Not avatars.

Yap!. Yap!.

@Resilient1, yeah I’m a little nervous about working with the gas welding. It can be dangerous stuff.

But I suppose that’s why we have community colleges and trade schools. So one can learn the trade and see if they’ll succeed at it.

2 Likes

the only time i was worried about the gas was when we were loading it and unloading it to and from the van, it was ok when i was using it bc i think it was just to cool the metal. but moving those large pressurised bottles was like handling a bomb lol

2 Likes

Go for it @Montezuma ! I believe if you are mindful you should any serious injuries. I’m still wondering which trade I should get into myself

2 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Yeah, from what I’ve been reading all the trades are going to be in high demand in the future.

So whatever you decide on, you’ll have plenty of work! Ha!

3 Likes

I agree with goldenrex

3 Likes