I'm a fraud goodbye

Took me many years to get where I am, Lots of crazy stuff went on and it was a very rough road, You are asking questions and challenging the doctors, you are on your way and I hope you can find the answers.

3 Likes

I definitely think you shouldn’t leave, this place is a good support network for people like us, it’s a place to turn too and it would be a shame if you left :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t leave, I really like you. Maybe get a second opinion if you can afford it? I know pdocs are expensive.

This would have come as a real blow to you. I’m sorry. I don’t think you’re a fraud.

(((Hugs))) :yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

No your not a fraud, but your pdoc seems a bit crackers… Get a second opinion from a hospital pdoc / just another pdoc.

1 Like

I was diagnosed with BPD by one doctor once, too. It really pissed me off, because he wasn’t even a pdoc. He was a neurologist. But don’t focus so much on labels. They’re very subjective. I once read an article that said if a man and woman go to a doctor with the exact same symptoms, the men are more likely to be diagnosed with PTSD and the women are more likely to be diagnosed with BPD. It’s kind of sexist, and I could rant about it for hours. But the point is, you belong here. For the record, we have a few other BPD folks here, too. You’re not alone. And you’re a great person to have around. You have insights into depression and suicidal thoughts, and I’m sorry you have to know what that’s like, but you use your insights to help other people here. You give people good advice on how to survive their dark thoughts and feelings. You bring a lot of positive value to our community.

9 Likes

I would try to get out of this guy’s care. Be assertive, not aggressive, because some psychiatrists get hostile when you suggest they might be something besides an intellectual superman. Remember, you’re always welcome here.

1 Like

I really hope you don’t leave. I don’t think you are a fraud. I think you are a cool person - it doesn’t matter what label you get.

2 Likes

I like you @valiumprincess.

3 Likes

Don’t go @valiumprincess

3 Likes

I think, coupled with other factors they like to apply to a person, this can be a reason for getting a personality disorder diagnosis. It’s one of the most subjective laden diagnoses out there.
It was soon after saying that the meds only partially helped that my dx was changed from schizoaffective mixed type to personality disorder nos - later paranoid pd .
They of course hadn’t asked whether I was taking the meds regularly or if anything else might account for not being fully functional on the meds (Autistic traits? / NVLD- you pig ignorant dolts!)

If they had said avoidant with schizotypal traits I could have bought that but I’d have to be really dumb to buy into my current diagnosis.

One problem is pdocs are often bad at listening. They bang on about insight but if you have the insight to notice things about yourself they haven’t noticed first- they tend to get shirty and dismissive. Hence they are often tuning out a lot of what you tell them , and failing to get a complete picture. 2+2+3 should equal 7 but what they see is 2 +2= 4.

1 Like

I’ve yet to meet any pdoc that was anywhere near an intellectual superman. It’s true though they feel hostile when their self proclaimed intellectual superiority is threatened.

1 Like

I didn’t have time and patience to read the other answers to your initial post, @valiumprincess.

IMHO, you could print this very message that you wrote here and show it to your doctor. Tell him this is what you really think about yourself and about him. That should be a reality check if he really is the clueless sucker you depicted him to be :smile:

Don’t give up ! You deserve the right treatment ! You deserve to get better and enjoy life !

Why dont you stick around for a while yet? It seems this forum is helping you and you help others as well. My dx changed many times to things I didn’t understand so try not to worry about being branded but focus rather on getting better. Can you hash this out in therapy?

2 Likes

That would probably make things even worse… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t go, I value your participation in this forum

1 Like

@valiumprincess GO…JUST GO…AFTER ALL I AM THE FRAUD YOU ARE THE PRINCESS. WE ARE NOT WORTHY OF YOU HERE. just kidding…please stay :slight_smile: I just thought I would be the devils advocate to you leaving after the first 24 people came in support of you staying :wink: as you can see no one wants you to leave! Peace!

4 Likes

Yeah, I hope you stay VP. If you do have BPD you’ll be another awesome member that has this dx.

3 Likes

I was diagnosed once as an A personality type by a psychiatrist, he thought I was lying about my sz.
three another psychiatrist believe I have sz, two other don’t really know if I do, they wrote something in the lines of “a psychotic episode and depression” in the report without mentioning sz.
I don’t really know what I have, but neither does anybody else, pdocs just guess… sometimes the guesses are well based, sometimes they are obvious and sometimes they are far from representing the reality.
I think that having another pdoc’s opinion on your illness/disorder won’t harm you.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I’m going to get a second opinion. (Maybe do that early psychosis intervention program) and I’m not going to leave the forum. Thanks for being so nice, makes me feel loved and validated. :sparkling_heart: :purple_heart: :two_hearts:

14 Likes

Smart move sweetheart! Good for you xoxo

1 Like