If you're not suicidal, when do you go to the hospital,?

You know you best! Do what you need to.

1 Like

I’m at the hospital.

4 Likes

Which one? Psych or med.?

1 Like

I always hated the hospital. But they can really help you out sometimes. Good for you @LED .

2 Likes

Hmm?!?.

There Are Two Different Sphere’s Of Hospitals?.

I Was Sent To Endless Facilities. Like 50 Times. Seriously, It Was Getting Out Of Hand.

But!, I Didn’t Know There Was Two Different Types.

My Mind Is Actually Caving In. Into Itself. And Disappearing. Into A Void Of Nothingness.

I Might End Up In The Vast Landscape Of Absolute Uncertainty Forever.

Someone…,

Please…,

Help…,

Me… . …

Okokok, Jus Kidding.

But!, Thus Is News To Me. I Guess My Clinic Really Wanted Me On Med’s. And I Have Been Psychotic For Years. Am I The Only One Who Can Be Hearing Voices And Seeing Shadows Live Comfortably?. I Mean Yea, I Need Isolation. Yea, I Need Love. Yea, I Can’t Work. Society Hates Me. Well Sometimes. Depending On What Type Of Bloodline The Person Comes From. Someone Send Me A Song That Answers All of My Confusing Questions On Civilization.

NOW!.

Please. (If You Don’t I’ll Send The Massive Evil Dragonfly’s On You)

Hope, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Eternal Peace!.

1 Like

Last time I was in the bin, I cut myself with razor, so to make sure they would take me, even though I wasn’t suicidal.

Suicide was a ruse, but the way I was feeling was not. Do what you have to do.

1 Like

I see you went to the hospital. I hope they take you and you get what you need.

I think the criteria for commitment varies by location. I’m in the southeastern US and we need to be in imminent danger of harming ourselves or others to be admitted to the typical stabilization hospital. For longer term hospitalizations, there are a few exceptions to that rule.

I have friends in other countries who are able to get in and get help before things escalate that far. I’m jealous of that, but my reality is: imminent danger or you are obviously fine (because there is no in between or help until it’s almost too late :roll_eyes: ) It’s a sad state. But I wonder if the differing responses are related to location. I wish we lived in a world where when we need help we get help without any shameful treatment along the way.

I was guessing you may live in rural Midwest US based on your cornfields comment. I’m not 100% certain this would work, but it might help you to find out for certain: where I live we have one hospital that does not have a psych ward. I’ve still gone there when suicidal. They held me for a few hours and then took me by ambulance to a psych unit somewhere else. Same thing when I present to the hospital with one and it’s full. Not that that would help at all in the present situation. But, could be a handy thing to find out.

Hopefully your silence is good and you are inpatient getting the help you need. Feel free to contact me when you get out re: being a parent and hospital visits. It’s rough. :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

good luck at the hospital @LED !!

2 Likes

Good luck at the hospital hope you feel better soon enough LED

1 Like

If you feel you should go then trust yourself. Hospitals take it very seriously if you have children. I’m glad you went. Feel better soon. :two_hearts:

1 Like

if youre not too bothered about covid, you could get yourself checked in…personally when im over stressed, i consider going to the psych unit…but because of covid i dont go as of now as i live with my parents whoa re over 70 and i dont want to put them at risk

1 Like

Thanks y’all. I just got home. They increased my meds, but only reluctantly. The doctors I saw were all sure my prolactin increase is due to meds and encouraged me to accept a med change. :sob: MRI is tomorrow, though. So I guess we’ll know soon enough.

The only reason I’m not immediately agreeing is that my TSH level at last check, at the ER, was 0.01 and it’s supposed to be 0.4-4ish. And the TSH and prolactin have gone sideways at the same time. So they seem related to me. But obviously I’m not a doctor. Still kind of hoping for a brain tumor, though. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hey @LED hope you are fine. Are u still feeling suicidal. I hope not.

How are your positive symptoms?

1 Like

Happy Naw Rus, @LED

1 Like

I was never suicidal, just had a lot of anxiety and hallucinations. Feeling mostly better. Still really stressed, though. But only have one more week to wait.

2 Likes

I know of someone who had major hallucinations and found out their TSH was critically low. Seems they were related.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.