Suicidal feelings

Does anyone have experience of going to hospitals when you’re suicidal? It’s never been this bad for me before and I really want help but not sure how to go about it. Any suggestions? I’d really appreciate it.

I just got out of the hospital for attempting on my own life. Its a terrible feeling but sometimes (since ive tried killing myself numerous times) i know when its time to go to the hospital. It helps me get out of my psychosis and grounded back into reality. And u meet some very interesting people in the hospital. If ur feeling like u just can’t take the pressures of the outside world i advise that u check urself in and find some solace in not being burdened by the pressures of the outside. I hope ur doing ok and if u don’t feel safe, get urself out of the outside crazy world for a while. Believe me hospitals are scary but theres some comfort knowing ur being watched and around people all the time. It helps me get out of my own head

2 Likes

I have never gone to the hospital for being suicidal, but have been hospitalized multiple times. It sounds to me that you know you need to go. I would just go to the hospital and be honest about being suicidal, and I am sure they will help you through this tough time. I wish you the best.

1 Like

I was voluntold into the hospital. I OD’ed severely and was on a ventilator for 2 days. When I woke up, the head nurse from the psych hospital was in my room. She told me that it was up to me about being admitted. They could court order it, or I could go on my own volition. I went voluntarily.

I got a tune up, and was out in a few days. If you are in crisis, that’s what the hospital is there for. If you’re having these kind of thoughts, go on your own power while you still have your wits…before you do anything to hurt yourself.

I posted this on reddit too and someone said that unless I have a plan at this very moment they won’t admit me. It’s so difficult being that when you need help the most it isn’t there for you.

The important thing is that you are in safe place if you are having thoughts of suicide. I really think you should go to the ER and have the professionals assess you. Be honest with them about how you’re feeling. If you wait until you’re in full blown crisis mode, you may not be able to reach out for help at that point. Take care.

I was hospitalized with suicide thoughts and I had a plan. You might be admitted also if you can’t take care of yourself. If voices command you to do this and that and you don’t have the strength to fight them off. If they tell you to do bad stuff.

In one of the very few times I asked to be hospitalized I had a razor blade out and was scratching on my neck. I told them that, and a policeman came and got me and took me to the hospital. It’s a pity that things have to go that far before they will hospitalize you. If you feel like the situation is urgent, tell them you have a plan to commit suicide, and you have the means to do it.

I was first hospitalized for withdrawing from my family situation and fasting. I think they thought I was fasting unto death. Later, I bought some sleeping pills but turned them in to one of the psychiatric technicians I liked, as he was sympathetic with me. If you are really having suicidal thoughts due to your condition, I would suggest talking with someone, anyone, All we have are words.

I was hospitalized twice for being suicidal, both against my will, the second in handcuffs to state hospital, and I agree, it’s scary but removal from the situation is helpful and they usually drug you so much you sleep a day or two and things are altered