If you're not suicidal, when do you go to the hospital,?

Well, in all honesty, the hospital will change your meds. They will probably give you a shot to feel immediately better, and then monitor you for a day or so. They will send you home with either new meds or a recommendation to talk to your pdoc about new meds.

I think that shot to immediately feel better will do wonders for you, and help you be able to wait until Friday. It makes sense to get help and suffer less. It also makes sense to go in voluntarily when you aren’t a danger to yourself, rather than waiting until you are in imminent danger and possibly getting an involuntary commitment. Those are much less pleasant.

But you know yourself well enough that if you say you can wait, I believe you.

3 Likes

I just don’t want to drag Little LED to the hospital (45 minutes each direction) in three middle of the night since it’s already her bedtime. I’m hoping that if I can get some sleep tonight I’ll be better in the morning. But if I’m not I’ll go in then.

2 Likes

Last time I went to the hospital was 2019. I went because I hadn’t slept for 7 days straight and I wanted them to knock me out. I wasn’t a danger to myself or others, but they gave me good meds and I was able to sleep.

5 Likes

Do they have Uber where you live?

1 Like

No. I live in the middle of cornfields. I can’t even go to the closest hospital because they don’t have psych wards around here.

2 Likes

May as well go, like people are saying.

2 Likes

Well stay safe tonight, whatever you decide. If you can’t sleep, the crisis text line can be really helpful for just talking you through grounding exercises and just feeling like another living person cares that you exist. I’m gonna link the crisis lines for you in case you want them.

2 Likes

If you are feeling suicidal or having a mental health crisis, please tell someone — a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if you’re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a crisis intervention hotline—these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries. You do not need to be actively suicidal to benefit from a crisis hotline.

International crisis hotlines:

Crisis hotlines in the U.S.:

More resources:

1 Like

Last time I was scared but didn’t wanna hurt myself or others they turned me away

1 Like

That crisis text line is all but useless. Have you tried it? It’s like all prerecorded messages and like they’re reading oof a playbook. It’s annoying as hell and leaves you more frustrated than you started.

2 Likes

I like it. I ask them to walk me through the 54321 mindfulness exercise. Idk why but it really helps. Especially when all my friends are asleep and I have no one else to talk to.

1 Like

I’m tempted to take an extra dose of my meds. I feel terrible. I have to get an ultrasound today to rule out breast cancer because I’ve got some random bloody discharge and a really sore spot. No idea why. Anyways, I think I’m going to go to the er after that. I can’t take this much longer.

1 Like

You should go. I thought that yesterday. I think that, today.

1 Like

@LED have you ever tried paliperidone?its really effective against positive symptoms

Yeah, it made me even more delusional. I can’t take atypicals.

Hey @LED just checking on how you are doing today.

Not great, but a little better than yesterday.

1 Like

Are you still planning on going in?

I don’t know. I really don’t want to. I think it’ll depend how the next 3 hours go.

2 Likes

Good luck, whatever you decide!

1 Like