How do you decide it is time to go to the hospital

I am really struggling but really want to avoid hospitalization if at all possible. Any tips on how to decide if I need to go in?

Danger to your self or others. If you can stick it out till your next appointment then you could get an adjustment. If that doesn’t work you may want to go so they can better help you

2 Likes

I don’t usually know. Someone else has always hospitalized me. Last time it was my wife.

But if you feel you are a danger to yourself or others it’s time to go.

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s going on either.
Others have had to commit me.
I have zero insight when I become full blown psychotic.

1 Like

The ideal time to go to hospital,during the time of first early episode of sz occurrence(rebirth of the imaginary people in his imagination theater and hearing a voices around him …etc),

But in all cases of Sz ,no one under coexistence with this new phenomena finds a self desire ,need or necessity to go to hospital at all,because he in this time has going under the effect of hallucinations and does not find any causality relation (no specialization) between his perception to the inner phenomena and the hospital (medical function in general),therefore he rejects to go to Dr or hospital by his self will

Someone (father,mother,sister,brother,friend or neighbor ) takes the person to the hospital reluctantly,forcibly or forced ,if not ,the person will suffer from never-ending impairment

In sums, a man do not decide the time to go to Dr or/ hospital or take medication specially during the first early episode of sz rebirth,but after many months of sz,taking medication and feeling the improvement,you have the self will to go to hospital or not according the direction of your temper !

I usually rely on other people to tell me. Oftentimes people here are the firsts to notice.

So I recommend telling us your symptoms. We’ve all been there so we’re pretty good judges of when it’s time. It’ll at least give some perspective.

I have been having hallucinations that there are bugs everywhere. My friend thinks that my coworkers don’t actually talk about me and that that is just a hallucinations too but I don’t know they could really talk about me. The voices keep me up all night telling me I Am worthless and to kill myself. Also I don’t know if it is real or not but I had a vision of my great grandma who died 15 years ago telling me that I must kill myself by November 15 or I will become a pedophile and hurt children, I don’t know if the dead ever speak to you or not but other people on the board thought it was fake.

Do you have a pdoc appt set up real soon? Like tomorrow? If not, I’d say go to the ED…

I don’t have a doc appointment set up until Sometime in November but I can try to call my doc tomorrow

I’m sorry, but i usually have no insight into how bad things have become. I’ve always been hospitalised by someone else. Usually my partner will coax me into going, but if that fails then i get put in under the mental health act.

I guess if you are struggling though, one thing to consider is are you a danger to yourself? Are you a danger to other people? If you answer YES to any of those two questions, then i think you should consider hospitalisation. They can keep you safe and perform medication adjustments to get you into a more stable state. Look after yourself, sorry you are struggling. Hang in there, it’ll get better.

The only times I’ve gone have been when I’ve been suicidal - first because I was deeply depressed, a second time because I thought I was an alien who needed to kill myself to be reborn and become the savior of humanity, and a third time when I was going to use a screwdriver to dig a microchip out of my brain. Other people convinced me to go all three times, it wasn’t exactly my decision.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.