If there was a fourth dimension

Would it have 3D shadows?
Do shadows have shadows?
What if we’re just shadows or reflections of something much bigger than ourselves

2 Likes

I like to think of higher demensions and use it for fictional reasons, because I don’t actually have the education to use it for a descriptor for real life.

also the fourth demension is time. We live in a 3d world with the 4th D being time. I really liked learning about space time and that it stretches and shrinks based on I believe massive bodies and movement, so like black holes and stuff interacting.

I think though that it would be cool to come up with a pretty fun concept for a narrative around a 5th dimensional entity interacting with humanity.

I think I want to try writing about some sort of 5th dimensional worm that eats poop and people don’t know why they aren’t pooping and its because a parasite is literally eating their poop from another dimension and it would just be an odd side plot for fun.

3 Likes

@Catch22 That’s funny I was thinking about the exact same thing recently.

1 Like

I guess it would be time wouldn’t it, but would it be linear time?

1 Like

4th dimension would be time. the 5th dimension would be interesting. String theory or its counterpart m theory suggests there are 11 or 12 dimensions total. We don’t know a lot about it. People speculate and claim to know all the time. We don’t know if they are curled up or big.

I think 5th dimension is fun to think about. Would time be two dimensions?

3 Likes

Also, what’s stopping anything from being infinite dimensions? I heard obviously some of these higher dimensions would create unstable realities. It’s just interesting to fathom higher dimensional beings or that we live in a lower dimension than these people sort of like a trap or matrix…

1 Like

They say it would be time but if they say time isn’t even actually linear in this dimension, we just made up the linear idea here to be able to understand it right?, what would it be in a fourth dimension? Just ALL of time? Everything that ever happened or will ever happen?

I think time might already be more than two dimensional here but we don’t understand it

It could be infinite but trying to imagine it makes my head spin. Even trying to understand time as a dimension makes me dizzy. The 6th or 7th would be too far and wide to even begin to comprehend.

Or maybe it’s so stupid simple that we haven’t even figured it out :rofl:

1 Like

If you do the math (which I cannot) the maximum number of dimensions our universe can contain is 11 before the laws of physics start breaking down.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.