If only i could pursue it

My career. I wanted to be a professor of religious studies or anthropology. I got denied at my school of choice, but theres another school i was interested in, i just lost my confidence. Now im not even sure i could handle all the reading and writing.

5 Likes

I have no doubt that you are smart enough do do it Moon. My question would be, can you handle the stress without it aggravating your symptoms?

Maybe going to back to school would be a better situation for you than working at the current time. IDK.

These are decisions you have to make for yourself, obviously. I just don’t want to see you more more stressed, symptomatic and depressed.

Maybe you would be less depressed if you were able to be on the path of your goals. I just don’t know.

2 Likes

I think school would probably stress me out too much to make it viable right now unfortunately. Though it would definitely give me a sense of purpose. If maybe i could take one class and not work it might work out better but im not sure how i could financially make that happen

1 Like

I’m not an expert on these things, but maybe you could apply for some type of government assistance in this area. Maybe you could look into government grants?

I think trying to take one class is a good way to test the waters.

I’ve also read before that if you are a full time student the government might start eyeing your disability. The logic being that if you can handle going full time to school, you might be able to handle a full time job as well. I think one class would be a good test.

2 Likes

There is always the future if you feel you can’t handle it now, too. Don’t overwhelm yourself, and make yourself worse. I think one class would be a good way to ease into it.

2 Likes

I have a real struggle with any serious reading and writing… Academically anyway… My cognition and working memory are not great

2 Likes

I’m waiting for permission to start a Master’s in January (you need permission from social security in Belgium. Don’t like the controlling element.).

It’s going to be part-time and via distance learning. I think it’s possible but you need to find a right fit. Good luck with your endeavors!

2 Likes

Good luck @Froge

1 Like

They sounds like interesting jobs. At least you can still be inspired by those subjects.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.