I wonder if i should volunteer

After the talk with my psychologist yesterday who seemed annoyed ive left the job for a bit as I should face my issues… i don’t know why such a huge part of me is working hard to not go back… leaving to stay with my partner is probably an excuse for me not to go back… so i don’t have to stay and face it… i am starting meds today so I hope things improve but I just hate the thought of going back… but i know she’s right

Wonder if volunteering will take the pressure off

I think volunteering is great if your on disability. It’s hard because we are all difference and for someone like me stress is my biggest issue…If I work long hours I start to get paranoid and that goes south eventually.

I’m on disability and volunteering is really good for me because it forces me to get out of the house. It forces me to be present and in control to turn up at certain times and do certain chores. If you can work smaller hours with little stress I’d recommend that because money is always nice…if you can get on disability then volunteering can make you feel a lot more involved with work that you otherwise aren’t doing…if that makes sense.

2 Likes

Yes i agree I might be trying to avoid the work as I fearful and although the hours worked for me for a while, I started to do longer hours at the beginning of corona … as we got more samples… thats when things got bad and now its hard to go back even if part time

1 Like

I know you’ve been denied but see how your treatment goes. Benefits isn’t a bad thing as if you live stress free life is grand. Trouble is that limited income can be a burden and often cause it’s own stress. Nothing like living from week to week and struggling to pay bills.

Your young enough to have some time to figure it out. I’m glad your partner will help support you and your family is solid. Support makes our worlds that much easier. What about trying a different type of work? I know that is problematic in our current world where jobs are fast disappearing but might be worth some thought…

2 Likes

I’ve been denied a few times as and even when I asked for reconsideration… ive given up on that … im lucky my mum is so supportive and my partner says i should not think of it is sponging off her but taking the help and time to feel better… and if my mum has no complaints I shouldnt feel too hard on myself for taking the help… Still that’s making me feel dependent…

2 Likes

But yeah I could look into out door type jobs maybe somehing not offixe based i need to have a think

1 Like

Yeah it’s a tough thing. You have a mental illness and we have to compete with all this world around us…

Volunteering I recommend to help out people but no money and stuff can be holding you back but it is rewarding…That is the thing. If you don’t need the money volunteering is great for your soul. It’s often worthwhile and you help others out…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.