I went out

To eat tonight! That’s good because I usually stay in. I got super paranoid, but I didn’t let it show and I stayed until my 2 friends were ready to leave. I got really paranoid that one of my friends was out to get me but I kept doing squared breathing and I made it through. Success!

15 Likes

Hooray! Good for you! :+1:

edit: Can I ask what squared breathing is? Sounds intriguing.

2 Likes

Yay!
Good going @CoCo!

1 Like

That is awesome. Great job. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Squared breathing is where you inhale for 4 (or more) counts, the hold for 4 counts then exhale for 4 counts then hold for 4 counts, then inhale for 4 counts… you can do it all for 5 counts or 6 counts or even 10. It’s breathing in a boxed or squared pattern

1 Like

Thanks @Wave @melmel7 @GrayBear!

3 Likes

I am just learning to relax eating with the others in the house. I usually just couldn’t wait to get back to my room. So, we are growing together, @CoCo

2 Likes

Yes we are @PinCushion. I’m glad to hear you say something so positive about yourself. I know our lives growing up we’re too hard on us, but we’re becoming better people for it now. :slight_smile:

Way to go @CoCo

1 Like

My therapist has me do my breaths in 3 counts but same thing you are talking about. I’m so glad it worked for you

1 Like

Well done. It’s good just getting out there and challenging yourself. Pat on the back.

1 Like

Thanks @Leaf @Twialine @rogueone!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.