I Was Just Thinking About How

Is it not funny how a person may think of me in a negative light in some respect and it can stress me out

but if some certain other person may think of me in that same negative respect, I would not be as stressed out? (if at all)

Why is it like that ?

Today I am feeling a bit non alert so please excuse me if the answers are obvious.

I am just happy to discuss this though to an extent

Why is it like that??

2 Likes

I think our perceptions really affect how we respond to others. If someone reminds you of someone you had a bad experience with, it’ll affect how you respond to them. Likewise, someone who reminds you of good people or good things will be perceived in a better light and you’ll care more about what they think

2 Likes

I become self conscious around so many people, do you?

2 Likes

Try not to stress about it. We all care what some people think, like our parents and friends.

Take things easy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

‘Self-Conscious’

This is my main problem in life.

I think staff noticed when I went giving out CVs in shops. As I felt nervous in most of the shops that I entered.

It doesn’t give a good first impression.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m very self conscious, even around friends

3 Likes

yea it is just disappointing that I have to distance myself from people whom I would actually not want to distance myself from, were it not for the self-consciousness.

and then it ends up feeling like a war because of the boundaries that I set but…I don’t like war :sob:

But I cannot see how else to deal with it.

It is just disappointing …can you relate Monte?

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear that Pianogal :frowning:
Life is not a piece of cake, that is for sure

2 Likes

I think I see what you’re saying.

I’ve had to distance myself from people in my life too.

Mainly because they were criminals, or liars.

I think it’s perfectly healthy to set boundaries.

2 Likes

I temporarily disappoint myself

disappoint

[dɪsəˈpɔɪnt]

VERB

1. fail to fulfil the hopes or expectations of…

myself…temporarily

1 Like

Thanks for responding to me Monte.

Hope the rest of your day serves you well :smiley:

2 Likes

You welcome my little snickerdoodle. :wink:

It’s almost midnight here. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

It is just like some people seem to trigger me :confused:

I feel like a premonition, whether real or imagined it feels real nvt.

and it therefore puts me in an emotional flight or freeze mode

1 Like

I can understand that. It’s hard to decipher between paranoia and street smarts sometimes.

Do you have any mental health clubs you can join?

2 Likes

I will hope to join one next year :slight_smile:

That ought to help.

take care friend and stay safe

2 Likes

Good for you! I want to join my local one too one day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

that sounds like a great idea hope you meet some decent people :smiley:

2 Likes

@anon83141956

I have to distance myself from people whom I would actually not want to distance myself from, were it not for the self-consciousness.

Do you think that they would judge you? I mean, if they care about you they are going to make allowances for your condition.

Do you stay in touch with them by phone?

1 Like

I mean I know this is common and all, but still, that doesn’t take away from the fact that it is very ANNOYING. My self-consciousness affects my behaviour somewhat and as a result those people are going to form corresponding opinions. I think the self consciousness reasons are difficult to explain but it has to do with fear of deeply hurting myself…does it make sense ?

I am fb friends yea with some for example.

2 Likes

Yes. When you quit drinking you have to distance yourself from your old drinking buddies. It’s awkward and unpleasant. How do you tell a friend you have to stay away from them.

2 Likes